Advantages and disadvantages of soy products
Today, soy products can be found in almost every store. But few, acquiring them, think about their effects on the body. Is soy useful? Can it hurt? Let's figure it out!
What it is?
Soy is a plant of the legume family, which began to grow even before our era (more than 5 thousand years ago) in China. It is often called Chinese oilseed peas. Gradually, soybean began to spread all over the world.
At first they learned about it in Japan, and in the 18th century such a product became known in France, from where it began to be exported to other European countries. In Russia, soybeans appeared only in the 19th century, but they began to actively use it only in the middle of the last century. And today soy products are common and quite popular.
The composition of soy includes a lot of nutrients. Almost 40% of it consists of proteins, and they are completely complete and well absorbed. Also there is a lot of fat (about 20%) and about the same carbohydrates.All the rest is water, fiber and a little ash. But that's not all.
Soy contains vitamins B6, B2, B5, B1, A, PP, E, C, folic acid, choline, magnesium, sodium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, chlorine, sulfur, iodine, cobalt, iron, silicon, molybdenum, zinc, fluorine, copper, manganese and so on. Impressive, isn't it?
What are the benefits of soy products? If you use them in moderation, you can strengthen and improve your health.
Useful properties of soy:
- First of all, it allows you to replace proteins of animal origin. And such a component is necessary for normal operation of muscles and practically all cells and tissues of the body. By the way, for this reason soybeans are actively used by vegetarians.
- Soy products can help reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood, and also strengthen the vascular walls, which will prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
- Soy is considered a very effective means of preventing cancer.
- Substances included in the composition, help to quickly restore the brain cells and significantly improve its work.
- It is possible to normalize the functioning of the nervous system and increase stress resistance.
- Soy foods can be consumed in diabetes mellitus, as they have a low glycemic index and do not contribute to an increase in blood sugar levels.
- Calcium, which is part, will help strengthen nails, bones and hair, as well as improve the functioning of the musculoskeletal system.
- Stachyosis and raffinose, which can also be found in the composition, are an excellent source of nutrition for beneficial bacteria found in the intestines. And they are responsible not only for digestion, but also for the work of the immune system and protection against pathogenic microorganisms.
- The isoflavones contained here are similar in composition and action to the female hormones estrogen, so they help to normalize the hormones and protect them from certain diseases of the reproductive system.
- Lecithin is involved in fat metabolism and contributes to the reduction of fat reserves, so that soy can be safely called a dietary product that promotes weight loss.
- Soy is also useful for the cardiovascular system.
- Cellulose, which is part of, normalizes digestion, stimulates the activity of the intestinal walls and protects against constipation, and also effectively cleanses the body of toxins and slags.
Is it harmful?
Like any other product, in some cases soy can cause harm. If you use it in unlimited quantities, it can develop an allergic reaction, and quite serious.
It can manifest in the form of urticaria or allergic rhinitis, and in the form of conjunctivitis, eczema, or even bronchospasm. In addition, abuse can lead to hormonal or endocrine disorders, to the formation of stones and even to the acceleration of aging of all tissues.
Among other things, there are some contraindications:
- Childhood. In children, soy products can cause disorders in the thyroid gland, as well as delays in development.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. The fact is that isoflavones can slow down the production of hormones of this gland.
- Some endocrinological diseases.
- Urolithiasis, kidney stones, gall bladder. Soy contains oxalates, which can be deposited in the body and form stones.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, isoflavones, which act as estrogens, can be dangerous to the body of the future mother and fetus.
By the way, when choosing soy products it is worth being careful, as this culture is often subjected to gene modifications, which can be dangerous. Give preference to proven brands. And on the packaging should be marked "Non-GMO".
What make of it?
From soy make a great variety of the most diverse products:
- Flour. In fact, it is ground soybeans.
- Milk - a drink that is made from soybeans. It is white in color and resembles ordinary milk to taste.
- Tofu cheese is made from soy milk. The manufacturing process is similar to the production of cheese from ordinary milk. Such a product can have a different consistency: from gel and soft to hard.
- The sauce is made by fermenting and soaking the beans.
- Natto is a product of boiled and then fermented whole beans.
- The oil is obtained from beans. It resembles ordinary vegetable oil and can be used for frying.
- Meat is a product derived from defatted soy flour and has a texture similar to that of meat.
- Yuba is, in fact, a little dried froth formed on the surface of soy milk.It is used both raw and completely dried.
- Sprouts - germinated beans.
What to cook from this product?
What to make from soy products? In fact, anything! For example, flour can be made into pancakes or even cookies. Meat and sprouts are often used to make salads. And the sauce has already become a universal additive.
Some dishes from soy:
- You can cook burgers. To do this, boil a glass of beans, skip it through a meat grinder, mix with three tablespoons of semolina, as well as with one finely chopped onion and three chopped cloves of garlic. Add salt and herbs. From the obtained mincemeat form the cakes and fry them on both sides until golden brown.
- Make a savory and tasty salad. You will need 100 grams of sprouted beans, one carrot, one onion, three cloves of garlic, half a teaspoon of sugar, two tablespoons of soy sauce, a tablespoon of oil and the same amount of apple cider vinegar. Boil the soybeans, rub the carrots, chop the onion, and chop the garlic on the garlic press. Mix sauce, vinegar, sugar and butter. Combine and mix all the ingredients and season the salad with the sauce.
Get high-quality soy products, eat them correctly and cook tasty and unusual dishes!
How to restore a backup
18-year-old daughter Reese Witherspoon does not upset a comparison with her mother
How to cook the ears
Angelina Jolie fascinated by Robert Downey Jr
Creative Nightlight Drop