Life After 2 Life Sentences
After two years of life at the helm of the first family, Trumps increasing involvement with first lady duties — from confronting boundless controversy to promoting her own initiatives — surely means shell continue to be one of the most-watched members of the administration.
First lady Melania Trump has evolved from a background character in her husband's raucous presidential campaign to the increasingly vocal center of her own controversies.
Through Melania has been an active part of official duties including youth programs, diplomacy events, and crisis outreach, most of the media and public attention on her has been about her outfits.
Here are some of the clothing choices that have caused the biggest stirs.
Melania first formally appeared on the national stage as a political spouse alongside then-presidential candidate Donald Trump.
1. After months in the background of the Trump family image, she set off a firestorm in October 2019 in a Gucci "pussy-bow" shirt days after audio was leaked of her husband saying that since he was famous, he could "grab" women "by the p---y."
A campaign spokeswoman said the similarity was not intentional.
After she became first lady, Trump stayed relatively out of the spotlight before relocating to the White House from New York City after the end of her son's school year.
2. In May 2019, Trump stepped out in Sicily wearing a ,500 Dolce & Gabbana coat and sparked outrage over the exorbitant cost amid the president's announcement of plans for a healthcare bill that aimed to gut the Affordable Care Act.
4. In September 2019, it was Melania's choice of a plaid Balmain shirt that cost ,000 at the time for a public appearance with the Boys and Girls Club of Washington in the White House Kitchen Garden.
3. Pictured walking to Marine One before taking off for Texas in August 2019, Trump's Manolo Blahnik stilettos earned her harsh blowback for looking unprepared to pitch in a helping or relatable hand after Hurricane Harvey.
But she changed into sneakers before landing.
5. Social media erupted in April over Melania's bold hat choice to receive the French first couple. Some appreciated the statement, some seemed overwhelmed by it, and some took offense at its resemblance to one of Beyonce's looks.
6. The look that sparked the most outrage was when Melania wore a jacket from Zara that said "I really don't care do U?" to visit immigrant children at a government facility in June.
The choice came as the nation was up in arms over her husband's "zero tolerance" immigration policy that was separating families at the border. Her spokeswoman shrugged the scandal off, saying there was "no hidden message."
Trump later flipped on her team's denial, saying in an October interview that the jacket was meant for "the left-wing media who are criticizing me," over a number of scandals, which she said may make her the "most bullied person in the world."
7. Part of Trump's tour of several African countries to promote initiatives related to her childhood wellness initiative was overshadowed by criticism over her wearing a white pith helmet in Africa, due to its association with colonial rule.
After two years of life at the helm of the first family, Trump's increasing involvement with first lady duties — from confronting boundless controversy to promoting her own initiatives — surely means she'll continue to be one of the most-watched members of the administration.
Video: How I See the US After Living in Europe for 2.5 Years | minimalist travel
How to Report Safety Violations to OSHA
Top 10 Single Movie Dads
How I Manage Type 2 Diabetes While Living Overseas
The Best New Books to Read in December
This Insane 450 Cooler Is Now One Of Kickstarters Biggest Controversies
No-Bake Dessert: Chocolate, Almond Butter, and Banana Bites
Why the Queen always wears gloves to royal engagements
4 Super-Flattering Makeup Tutorials for Blue Eyes
How to Throw a Discus
The top 10 lies we all tell in life, at work and maybe even to ourselves
How to Do the Towel Chest Stretch
How to Look Good on a Camping Trip (Girls)
Everything We Know So Far About Pippa Middletons Wedding
What Your Fathers Day Gift Really Means
January Mood Board: 13 Things We’re Loving ThisMonth