Aquarium fish: choose pets from different families
Photo and description of aquarium fish alphabetically
Representatives of the Belontev family have a special organ that allows them to breathe atmospheric air. It is called a maze. Because of it, such inhabitants of aquariums are also called labyrinth ones. Additional oxygen is vital for them. These fish can not be kept in aquariums covered with surface glass - they can suffocate. The rest of their care is not difficult. The most popular of this family with aquarists are different types of anabass, gourami, macropods and, of course, cockerels.
Cockerels are also called fighting fish for their cocky temper. It seems that the photos of these bright aquarium fish does not correspond to the name - they look like imposing handsome men. But the same fighting betta males will not flaunt their luxurious veil fins for long if they are settled together. Fighting and tearing off the tails are inevitable. Without competition, they also can not - wither. The ideal solution would be to house a few females and one male and put a mirror in the aquarium.
Loach fishes are inactive. They love to hide on the bottom in the ground, completely merging with him thanks to funny stripes and specks. The most private inhabitants of artificial reservoirs from this family are various types of acantophthalmos and fights.
Aquarium fish from the numerous Karpov family are frequent owners of decorative aquatic apartments. Labo, danios, barbs, rasbora, cardinals are not at all aggressive, get along well with their neighbors, unpretentious.
This and voilehvosty, and telescopes, and comets, and shubunkiny. Big, bright and friendly, they really fulfill the desire of the owners not to part with their pet as long as possible. After all, such aquatic inhabitants live from 15 to 35 years.
Multicolored members of the family Petsiliev unpretentious to feeding and conditions of detention. The owners of artificial reservoirs are very fond of:
If you decide to buy an aquarium for a child, guppies should become its first inhabitants. They are absolutely not demanding to care and get along well with different types of peace-loving fish. Perhaps you should not lodge them only with fast-swimming fish such as barbs. Otherwise, the males will start a "showdown" and lose their luxurious tails.
Haracinidsbeautiful, bright and mostly peaceful. Except, perhaps, piranhas - they also belong to this family. Most often give birth to neons, ornatus, tetras and pacu. But there are connoisseurs of predatory piranha.
Cichlids are valued not only for their external beauty, but also for their unusual lifestyle. Watching them is extremely interesting.So, their method of breeding and caring for offspring is very extravagant. Females can attach eggs to pebbles or leaves, bury them in the ground and even store them in their mouths. For a snack, parents pass the eggs to each other. In case of danger, the roe, and even the newly hatched fry, hide in the mouth to the mother or the father.
Akaras, apistograms, discus, angelfish, tsikhlazomy and parrots are often found in home aquariums from cyclides. Very beautiful astronotus or peacock eye. This is a large fish with a calm, even fearful character. She needs a spacious habitat and companions of approximately the same size. A trifle may accidentally suffer from a bulky neighbor.
Inhabitants of the aquarium squad
Somikov love for a calm character, unusual body structure and, of course, luxurious mustache.
Breeders brought a lot of aquarium options from different families:
- Fringed catfish have a fun spotted color and three pairs of mustaches, two of which are covered with a peculiar fringe. For this, representatives of this family got their name. The most popular are the different types of Cedontises - angel, cuckoo, flag, flip-flop
- The Bronyakov family, which includes chocolate and stellate acanthodorus, white-spotted agamikoris, Hankoka amblydoras, and striped plateidoras, are also named because of external features. Their bodies are as if cut by bony plates. In the course of evolution these fish developed intestinal respiration: from time to time they need to take a sip of atmospheric air. In fully closed aquariums they will die.
- Kallichtovye (armored) catfish are equipped with bony plates on the sides. These are peace-loving bottom fishes, the most popular of which are diainems, corridors, and tarakatum.
- Loricaria or chain catfish look the most bizarre. They are dressed in "mail" of accrete bone fins, resembling loric - the armor of ancient Roman legionnaires. Representatives of this numerous family, for example, antsistrusy, ototsinklyus and loricaria, unlike other catfish, are not predators. They feed on algae and leaves of aquatic plants.
- Representatives of the family Pimelody (flat-headed) resemble miniature killer whales in appearance. They have a beautiful mottled or striped color and three pairs of mustaches.Especially good catfish harlequin, pimedolus patterned and painted.
- Hack catfish are distinguished by a giant head and mouth, but there are only two antennae. They are awake and hunted at night. Coloring allows them to merge with the bottom and attack the prey from the ambush.
- Shilb catfish live not on the bottom, but on the surface or in the algae thickets. There are translucent and even transparent, like glass, fish.
- The Bungardidae family includes bunecephalus or som snag. He is nocturnal, and during the day he hides in shelters, but so skillfully that only a very attentive ichthyologist can notice him.
There are among somoobraznyh and dangerous species that should not start a beginner. These are bag-haired catfish with their sharp poisonous spikes and electric catfish. They have a special body, issuing a current charge that is sensitive to humans and neighbors in the aquarium.
What are mental maps for?
Ear corrector - delirium or useful novelty
How to treat cholangitis - bile duct disease
Vitamin D Overdose
What to see in the cinema in November 2018
Simple stand for grinders