Best Oven Fries Recipe! - Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Episode 773
Crispy Baked French Fries
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Scrub potatoes well to remove any dirt, leaving the skins on.
- Slice longways into large slices.
- Cut again into evenly sized sticks.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to distribute the seasoning.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, tossing once or twice during cooking.
- When golden and crisp, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
Leave the skin on the potatoes to take advantage of all the vitamins and minerals they contain. To add a kick of flavor season with chili powder, herb salt, or even a few shakes of dried thyme.
Cooking and Serving Tips
If you want to prepare the potatoes ahead of time, slice into fries and store in a bowl of cool water to prevent the potatoes from turning brown. When ready to bake drain and pat dry before placing on the sheet plan.
Lining the pan with parchment paper not only makes for easy clean up, it prevents the potatoes from sticking when using a small amount of oil.
If tomatoes trigger heartburn symptoms for you, control the amount of ketchup or barbecue sauce you dip these fries into—a few tablespoons max should suffice. If you want to avoid these sauces altogether, opt for a bit of guacamole instead.
Keep the portion controlled here too.
Video: Crispy Oven Baked French Fries Recipe | Extra Crunchy
How to Choose the Best Dry Shampoo for Your Hair Type
Spiced Aubergine and Tamarind Rice Recipe
How to Last Through a Sleepover with Little Kids
What It’s Like to Be a ProfessionalDominatrix
Is Violent Crime in Some Peoples Genes
Indian police investigate who helped young American killed on remote island
Ten Beauty Products You NEED to Know About
Everything We Know So Far About Pippa Middletons Wedding
Colorful Stacking DIY Wire Bangles For Summer
This Dad Thought of a Brilliant DIY Outdoor Game to Keep His Kids Busy
3 Bright Nail Colors for Spring
How to Wear Glitter Makeup—Like anAdult