Regime of the day: the need or unnecessary restrictions?
"Owls", "larks" and ...
In fact, the variety of chronotypes — varieties of internal rhythms — is somewhat larger than is commonly believed. “Owls” who hardly wake up early in the morning and show the greatest efficiency in working during the evening and night hours, approximately 59.5%. This statistic explains the unprecedented popularity of coffee houses, the desperate attempts of mankind to find new ways to cheer up and the increasing number of freelancers who are not ready to obey the system of “larks”, and therefore sacrifice stability and part of the income in the name of personal comfort.
11.5% of people on the planet have bimodal diurnal rhythms. This means that they have a need to go to bed twice a day. If you fall asleep easily in the evening, but wake up around 2:00 am with a feeling of cheerfulness and readiness to do new things, hardly persuade yourself to fall asleep, and you cannot wake up in the morning without a bucket of coffee, you probably belong to a bimodal chronotype. Probably, this type was needed many centuries ago.The owners of the bimodal chronotype replaced the owls who tired at the morning and occupied the observation point, protecting the community from strangers. This strategy seems to have been evolutionarily beneficial, and therefore has reached our days.
12% of people researchers call owners of the "adaptive" chronotype. These people can accustom themselves to get up early, but, for example, on vacation, they are happy to switch to another mode and start to get up later. It is easiest for them to fly flights with changing time zones.
When biorhythms are lost
Even if a person is placed in a dark cave for several months, his “internal clock” will still continue to count his own time. The duration of intuitive days, according to research, is about 24.2 hours. Therefore, busy people so often have a desire to extend their day for an hour or two - this is a requirement for biorhythms that is difficult to ignore.
Stress, illness, some medications, work in night shifts and frequent flights to different parts of the planet can disrupt the work of the “internal clock”. This phenomenon is called "desynchronosis". It is not the best way affects the state of health.Killed biorhythms can lead to a set of extra pounds, sleep disorders, digestive problems, increased risk of cardiovascular diseases and depression.
Biorhythms of each person have individual characteristics. However, all the "owls" and "larks" are united by something in common, which does not depend on the time of maximum productivity of each type.
Lower blood pressure at night
Blood pressure, pulse, frequency of respiratory movements are reduced at night in 85%. These people are called "dippers". Studies have shown that they are the least at risk of developing heart attacks and strokes. The remaining 15% (“non-dippers”), whose pressure does not decrease at night, constitute a sad statistic: they are highly likely to develop “vascular catastrophes” at night and early morning hours. However, everything is not hopeless: the fact that there is no night pressure drop is easy to detect. It is necessary to inform the attending physician about this, and he will tell you how to reduce the risks of cardiovascular diseases.
"Night" blood clots
Europeans are at increased risk of blood clots due to an increase in platelet sticking capacity from 4:00 am to 12:00 pm.The fact that the rate of blood flow and body temperature decreases during the night hours, presumably, can also contribute to the formation of thrombi. The platelets of Japanese visitors in the Old or New World also change their properties in favor of increased blood clotting from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm, which corresponds to the early morning hours of Japanese time. Probably, it is all about epigenetics - the influence of the environment on the work of genes.
Command "hang up" and the team "rise"
At 23:00, intensive melatonin production begins. She peaks at 1:00 am. This leads to a decrease in the production of norepinephrine and promotes sleep. Norepinephrine is responsible for active wakefulness and a number of related functions. By early morning hours the concentration of melatonin decreases, and once a person takes a vertical position, the production of norepinephrine is started. This is a kind of biochemical telegram to the brain that it's time to get up and do important things.
The organization of the regime of the day in accordance with these features can become a good (and most importantly - budgetary) alternative to biokhake.
How to organize a day regimen?
- Gradually form new habits. You should not dramatically change your lifestyle - this is likely to lead to a deterioration of health. Useful skills are best administered one at a time to avoid severe stress. This may be the replacement of an afternoon snack in the form of coffee with cookies on the fruit (and this will be the first step to increase the fiber in your diet). After a couple of weeks, try to go to bed 15 minutes earlier.
- Make a full sleep a priority. A sleep of at least 8 hours is an important rule that should not be neglected. If you go to bed before 23:00, the production of melatonin will be clearly in accordance with the norm. And melatonin is not only healthy sleep, but also regulation of carbohydrate metabolism (therefore, from lack of sleep so desperately want sweet), the production of thyroid hormones and “growth hormone” (hello, muscle growth!), Serotonin (necessary for an even positive mood) .
- Find out when it's best for you to play sports. It is easy to find out by experience. "Larks" are suitable morning exercise. "Owls" prefer to move the sport to the evening - it helps to sleep better. Someone unable to wake up in the morning to charge, and in the evening is ready to fall on the sofa without strength: in this case, you can try to schedule a workout for the daytime hours.
- Check with your doctor the time of medication. People with high blood pressure traditionally take their pills in the morning. However, non-dippers, which do not have a nightly decrease in blood pressure, transferring morning pills from pressure to evening, or distributing a daily dose to morning and evening (to maintain a uniform concentration of the drug in the blood for 24 hours) helps to significantly reduce the risks of vascular catastrophes ". Preparations of aspirin to reduce blood viscosity are recommended to be taken in the evening, so that their maximum concentration in the blood falls on the most dangerous in relation to the formation of blood clots the night and early morning hours. Antidepressants also have a strictly recommended time of admission. For example, those that affect melatonin receptors need to be taken in the evening. And drugs with predominantly activating the psyche action should be drunk in the morning. Of course, any “rearrangements” of drugs should be coordinated with the doctor in time.
- Regularly undergo medical examinations. Problems with thyroid hormones, carbohydrate metabolism,Vitamin D and iron deficiencies can trigger biorhythm disturbances with a constant feeling of drowsiness, inability to concentrate throughout the day, restless sleep, and other symptoms. Therefore, you should not begin to fight desynchronosis with melatonin. It is wiser to first consult a doctor and undergo a series of simple examinations to rule out various diseases. And then to solve the problem in a complex, with the participation of the therapist, neurologist and endocrinologist.
9 Excellent marinade recipes for a delicious Chicken Shashlik
What properties has carrot oil
How to get a loan abroad
How to make a beautiful hair for the prom 2013 - photo workshop