How can I teach a child to count?
Child development is not just games, although they, of course, are needed. But also the baby must be taught to count. And when to start learning? And how to organize it correctly?
When to start?
At what age to begin to educate the child account? There is no clear answer to this question, since everything is purely individual and depends on the peculiarities of the development of a particular child. For example, if he has a good memory, he is diligent and curious, then you can start learning in 4-5 years.
But this does not mean that at this age the child will add, subtract and multiply. Take your time and do not try to make a genius out of your son, remember that childhood passes very quickly. And do not be persistent. If the baby does not agree to teach these incomprehensible numbers and does not remember them, postpone the training.
How to organize training?
So, how to teach a young child to count? We need to act in stages, and the main stages will be discussed below.
Where to start: a simple account
You need to start, of course, with the account to 10.It requires patience from parents, as it can take several weeks to memorize. Every day, talk with the child all the numbers. First, he will need your hints, then let's give a scion the opportunity to remember everything on their own. Errors correct immediately to crumbs remember the correct order.
To the crumb realized that the numbers are not just some incomprehensible signs and words, but a way to determine the number of objects, always give examples. For example, lay out the apples in front of the child and ask them to count them in order. In the process of counting pay attention to the crumbs that the number increases.
You can ask the crumbs to count objects seen on the street: trees, lanterns, cars, pedestrians, and so on. Try to use the bill in all walks of life. So, having come to the store, ask the child to put in the basket a certain amount of goods. Laying on the table, offer your child to count plates, spoons, glasses and other items. So he realizes and assimilates the connection between quantity and numbers and will be able to proceed to the next stages of training.
The complexity of the task
When the score is up to 10 fully mastered and well, you can go to two-digit numbers. The hardest thing is to give an account of up to 20, since the figures are unfamiliar, incomprehensible and complex in pronunciation. Exercise constantly and regularly, first prompting the child, and then giving him the opportunity to remember everything on his own and only if necessary correcting mistakes.
When a child learns to count up to 20 well, go to a score of up to 100. Usually it is given more easily, because the basic numbers are already well known. And yet, difficulties can arise, so do not rush.
Learning to write numbers
When the bill is well mastered, you can teach the child to write all the numbers, he will certainly need it at school. But do not exceed the allowable amount of information, in the day you can get acquainted with one or two. Make sure that all digits are correctly spelled.
Learning to add and subtract
In general, subtraction and addition are taught in school, but you can start training before it. How to organize the flow of information? We should start with illustrative examples, that is, with visualization. Apples, large beads or some other objects will do.
Ask the child to postpone, for example, two things, and then add two more to them and count the total.Conduct such classes every day, and soon you will see that the child does not count each time all the items, and calls the number almost at once, just glancing around.
From visualization, you can move on to addition and subtraction in the mind. If it is very difficult for a baby, then ask him to present some items, for example, the same apples and add them in the same way as using visual examples. After a while, the baby will understand the essence of the calculations and will be able to easily solve simple problems.
Then you can proceed to writing examples with numbers, as well as the signs "+", "-" and "=".
As for multiplication and division, it is not necessary and even undesirable to master such actions at home, since this child will be taught by a school teacher using a special program.
A few recommendations that will make learning more effective and enjoyable for parents and their children:
- Even if the baby learns the numbers in the kindergarten, it does not mean that you can not do at home. Be sure to consolidate the material and regularly conduct intellectual training.
- It is necessary to act very gently and unobtrusively.For example, if you notice that the baby is tired, and the concentration of his attention has decreased, then give him a rest or take a crumb with something else.
- If the child is in a bad mood, then postpone the exercise for later.
- You need to do it regularly, that is, every day. Only in this way information will be stored in memory.
- It is better to divide all educational information into small parts so that the duration of one lesson is no more than 15 minutes. If the lesson is longer, then the crumb will, firstly, get tired, and secondly, it will not be able to memorize and assimilate such a volume of data.
- It is best to carry out training in a playful way, so that the crumb perceived the lessons not as something mandatory, routine and boring, but as a pleasant, exciting and interesting activity.
- If your goal is to prepare the offspring for school, then it is advisable to use school programs for learning so that the child is easier in the first grade. Otherwise, he may not understand the teacher and because of this, lag behind in mathematics.
- Do not try to go through the entire program of primary classes and make your son prodigy or genius. In this case, he will simply be uninteresting at school lessons, and this is unacceptable.
- It is desirable to conduct training on the so-called helix principle.That is, each next lesson should begin with a repetition of the information learned in the previous lesson, and be supplemented with new, more complex material. So the baby will be easier, and he will not forget what he has already learned.
- Do not shout at the child and do not get angry if something goes wrong. In the end, your child can have a completely non-mathematical mindset, which means that problems with this subject will be your constant companions. In this case, parents should have patience, as well as provide support and assist the child.
- You can and even need to use various tutorials and other devices: cards, magnetic boards with numbers, bills and so on. All this will help to quickly master the numbers and learn to count.
It remains only to wish patience to all parents.
What is the tale of the toad and the rose
When the point is put
How to tie beret crochet
What to give his wife for a wedding anniversary