What is useful coconut milk?
Coconut milk is home to Thailand. The inhabitants of the island have been consuming this product for several centuries. And, despite the warnings of some critics who claim that it contains unhealthy fats, the islanders have good health and do not suffer massively diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. On the contrary, the product helps to preserve youth and external beauty.
In what is the benefit of coconut milk, and what can be tasty cooked on its basis, read on.
Often, those who are allergic to animal protein are recommended to replace dairy products of animal origin with vegetable analogues. One of the most successful is coconut milk. It is produced by pressing and filtering the liquid from the grated pulp of the coconut.
Despite the high caloric content - about 200 kcal per 100 g of the product, all oils and acids that make up it are perfectly assimilated. In addition, the rich composition makes it particularly useful:
- Due to the content of lauric and capric acid, as well as antimicrobial substances, coconut drink is a good helper for the immune system against various viruses and bacteria.
- Among the fatty acids of such milk there is no cholesterol. This makes it possible to safely drink the drink to people suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system, in contrast to the product of animal origin. These same acids help to neutralize bacteria, leading to the formation of plaques inside the vessels.
- Coarse fibers help improve metabolism and cope with the digestion of heavy foods.
- People with diabetes can also drink coconut milk, as the composition contains only a small amount of fructose.
- Magnesium helps to normalize the work of the nervous system, thanks to which sleep is getting better, depression passes, mood improves, and fatigue disappears.
- Nutritional properties have long been approved by people suffering from obesity and overweight. A small amount of this drink permanently eliminates the feeling of hunger.
- Apply milk from coconut and for cosmetic purposes. It can be used as a conditioner for hair, which will help get rid of dandruff and nourish them with useful substances.As a tonic for the face, the tool will make fine wrinkles less noticeable, will have a healing and antimicrobial effect, which is especially important for problem skin. You can also use milk as a sunscreen.
Despite the opinions of opponents of using the product, which are based on its exotic, there are no special contraindications, except for individual intolerance, it does not.
The only thing that should be paid attention when buying - the expiration date. The less it is, the better.
What to cook?
Now that you have met with all the useful properties, let's find out what dishes you can cook with coconut milk.
Thai Chicken Soup
The incompatible products used for this soup form an unusual taste and pleasant aroma. You will need:
- coconut milk - 125 ml;
- chicken sucker set - 400 g;
- green radish - 1 pc;
- lemon - 1 pc;
- ginger root - 1 piece;
- garlic - 3 tooth;
- onions - 1 pc;
- water 250 ml;
- Curry, hot red pepper, sesame.
Radish rub on a small grater, chopped hot peppers in thin strips, not forgetting to remove the seeds.
Combine the milk with water in a skillet, add spices and onion, overcooked with grated ginger. Put on the fire and after boiling cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
In another container (pan), make a broth using chicken sucker set, garlic and some ginger. Combine with the soup in a saucepan and add lemon juice.
In each plate, put a little radish and hot pepper, pour the soup and garnish with green onions.
Traditional milk drink will be more interesting thanks to an exotic fruit. You will need:
- coconut milk - 0.5 l;
- regular milk - 250 ml;
- sugar - 5-6 tbsp;
- berries - 300 g
Grind fresh berries and a few pieces of ice in a blender (if you use frozen berries, ice is not needed, and berries do not need to be thawed before cooking), add milk, sugar, beat until frothy.
Pour in glasses and serve.
Rice and coconut pancakes
For those who think how to diversify the traditional menu, we recommend using the recipe for unusual, tender pancakes.
To prepare them, you will need the following products:
- coconut milk - 500-600 ml;
- wheat flour - ½ st .;
- sugar - 1/3 st .;
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- tangerines - 3 pcs .;
- powdered sugar.
The process is no different from cooking traditional wedges. Beat eggs with sugar, milk, and gradually add flour, continue to beat.Fry thin pancakes, put a few slices of tangerine, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and serve.
The unusual taste of an exotic product will surely come to your liking, because with coconut milk you can make a huge amount of food, ranging from drinks to basic dishes. Your daily menu will acquire a highlight, and your family will definitely appreciate your culinary talent.
What rings are better for choosing for wedding
The girl was worried about the photo shoot with the bridegroom, but the result was beyond all praise
Painting weights as a souvenir
Do-it-yourself flower bezel: master class with step by step photo
How to repair the apartment