How to CHANGE your Fortnite Name on Console for FREE! PS4/XBOX! (Fortnite Name Change)
How to Change Your Name on a Passport
There are multiple reasons as to why someone may want to change their name on a passport. For the most part, this is due to a recent marriage, or divorce, but it can also be due to a whole host of other personal reasons. When a name change does occur, it is very important to update your passport with the new information to ensure seamless travel. Once your name change has been officially processed and you have documentation to confirm the change is approved (that is, signed and notarized court documentation), you can proceed with the following steps to reflect this change on your passport.
Preparing To Change Your Name On Your Passport
Gather required documentation.Filing a name change application requires supporting documentation to get started, and gathering them beforehand can make the process easier.
- Ensure you have a certified name change document. This may vary depending on your reason for changing your name. For example, if you are changing your passport name due to an error on your passport, including your birth certificate will suffice. If you are changing due to a marriage, divorce, or other reason, be sure to include court documentation.
- Get a new passport photo taken. This photo must be in color, and 2 X 2 inches in size. These can be taken at a local Walgreens or CVS.
- Make sure to have your current passport ready.
Choose the required form.There are a few forms available to use to apply for a passport name change, depending on your circumstance.
- If less than one year has passed since your passport was issued, you will use the DS-5504 form. There are no fees in this case.
- If more than one year has passed since your passport was issued, you must use Form DS-82. In this case, there is a fee (0 for an adult passport book and card), and it must be enclosed with the form, with personal check and money order being accepted only.
Confirm that you are eligible to use the DS-82 form before proceeding.If more than one year has passed you are required to use the DS-82 form, but only if you are eligible. If you are not eligible, you can use the DS-11 form instead. You are eligible for the DS-82 form if you meet the following conditions.
- You can submit a copy of your most recent passport.
- You were 16 or over when your latest passport was issued.
- It has been less then 15 years since your last passport was issued.
- Your last passport was not lost, damaged, or stolen
- You can produce name change documentation.
Changing Your Name On Your Passport
Complete the required form.Once you know which form to use, you can find a PDF version of each form on the U.S. Passports & International Travel website. Simply fill in the blank spaces in the form to complete it.
Package & mail the completed form with all required documentation.Once the form is complete, place the form, your current passport, a color passport photo, and any other fees or required information (the form you fill out with also state what to include) into a large envelope to mail.
- If possible, use a Tyvek envelope as it will better protect your contents.
- Mail all your documentation to: National Passport Processing Center, PO Box 90107, Philadelphia, PA 19190-0107. Remember that e-mailing is not permitted.
Wait for your application to be processed.Processing times can vary. The routine processing time is approximately 4-6 weeks, the expedited processing time is 3 weeks, and if your passport is expedited at a U.S. Department of State Passport Agency, it can be completed within as little as 8 business days.
- There are 28 passport agencies in the U.S. that can provide expedited service, but proof of travel within two weeks is usually required to make an appointment.
QuestionHow can I change my name on a passport?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe easiest way to change your name on your passport is to talk to the passport office, and see how you could amend it. You may need to request a brand new passport.Thanks!
I have a new address do I need a new passport
Will the remaining years be credited?
I became a US citizen under my maiden name and then got married. How do I apply for a passport in my married name?
Video: How to Legally Change Your Name
5 Reasons Men Lose Weight Faster Than Women (And How To Even The Playing Field)
Deep-Trout Fish Cakes with Lemon Butter and Chive Sauce Recipe
How to Impress Your Crush
Why the Trump-Russia dossier is not fake news
Zombie Boy Gets Official Spokesperson Job withDermablend
10 Glam Party Bags for 2015 To Spice Up Your Outfits
Yes, It Is Possible to Take a Family Trip That Feels Like a Vacation
Meal-Prep Benefits to Get You Motivated
How to Be a Good House Guest
A girl teased a classmate and her mom found a creative way to punish her