How to clean the clog in the toilet at home
Clogged toilet bowl - an unpleasant phenomenon, the solution of which sometimes there are difficulties. All because of the lack of basic knowledge in the plumbing industry and step-by-step instructions on how to clean the clog at home.
Practice shows that the study of the sewer system, combined with knowledge of effective measures to eliminate blockages, contributes to the preservation of funds and helps the rapid restoration of the normal operation of the plumbing fixture.
Before starting the procedure, it is important to determine the cause of the failure of the toilet, as this greatly simplifies and speeds up the solution of the problem. And the cause of the clog can be different.
- Food waste.
- Items that do not dissolve in water.
- Tray filler.
- Improper installation of the toilet.
- Salt deposits on the inner walls of the elements of the sewer system.
Many flush paper towels and towels, used toilet paper into the toilet, without realizing that this exacerbates the situation.Once in the water, paper products swell and increase in volume. As for the mixtures that fill trays of pets, only pressed sawdust is safe for the toilet and the system.
Step-by-step instruction with plunger and cable
A poorly functioning sewer system is a big problem for residents of an apartment or house. This not only complicates the implementation of household tasks, but also reduces the level of comfort, so it needs an early solution. Pumping with a plunger is the most common way to clean the drain.
- First, carefully inspect the toilet. If visible debris comes into view, carefully remove it from the neck.
- Install the fixture over the drain so that the edges of the rubber tip are snug against the walls of the neck.
- Push the handle of the plunger down and release, repeat several times. After that, pull out the plunger. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
Not only mechanical, but also pneumatic plungers are sold. The difference in the use of devices is that the pneumatic version provides a stronger impact, which leads to a faster push of the mud plug.
If the sewage system does not return to normal after using a plunger, this indicates a serious blockage in the pipe. We are talking about pressed fine dirt stuck to the walls or a foreign object, accidentally flushed into the toilet.
In this case, to solve the problem will help more radical measures, including the use of sanitary cable.
If you do not know, the plumbing cable is a twisted spring made of steel wire, equipped with a convenient handle. The wire layers are wound in a special way, which ensures optimal transmission of the torsional moment without sacrificing flexibility. In everyday life used cables up to 5 meters. How to use such a tool?
- Lower the end of the cable into the toilet and push it all the way. Rotate the knob in one direction until the wire system passes the bend. With your free hand, support the instrument.
- When the cable reaches the tube of dirt, change the direction of the knob. Remove the cable from the sewer, remove the clumps of garbage and repeat the procedure.
- If the stopper has moved, do not stop. Try to push it to the wide drain pipe.In the end, rinse the system with warm water.
A similar procedure can be carried out with the help of a regular cable, purchased in a building supermarket. The main thing is to choose the diameter and length of the product correctly. If the house drain is made of plastic, do not forget to put on the end of the cable a special cap. Otherwise, the tool will damage the pipe, which is fraught with the replacement of the drainage system element.
What to do if there is no plunger and cable?
The reality is that not every home has a plunger. What to say about the plumbing cable ... These devices are in the arsenal of only housewives who have repeatedly encountered the clog of the toilet. What if the problem appeared suddenly and needs a speed solution, and the necessary tool is not at hand? This will help improvised means.
- Plastic bottle. To make a homemade plunger, take a plastic bottle and carefully cut the bottom. Take the homemade tool by the neck, lower it into the drain and press firmly on the neck, then sharply pull the bottle out. Repeat the procedure several times.
- Doll. In the people, a "doll" is called a sandbag filled with a rope tied to the end. After construction, lower the fixture into the neck of the toilet bowl and press the drain key. Once the water sucks the bait, remove the tool from the neck, gently pulling on the rope. Thanks to the weight, the doll easily copes with the clogs.
- Soda and Vinegar. Bail out the toilet, leaving a small amount of water in the sink. Pour half a bag of soda into the drain, push the powder as far as possible and add a glass of vinegar to start a chemical reaction. After half an hour, fill a few liters of boiling water and drain the water.
Important.If the toilet is connected to the sewer system with plastic corrugation, the use of boiling water is prohibited. In order not to harm, use hot water for flushing.
How to clean the clog chemistry
In stores, domestic and foreign chemical products are sold, aimed at combating the litter in the toilet. The composition of such products include acids or alkalis, which easily corrode fat deposits, hair and even textiles. The most popular among housewives are such products: "Mole", "Tofiks", "Mr. Muskul", "Domestos", "Tiret".
Some products are sold as a powder, others are liquid, and still others are in granules. Regardless, before using the purchased chemistry be sure to read the instructions.
Use chemicals carefully if there are plastic pipes in the house. In no case do not use multiple drugs at the same time, so as not to trigger an unexpected chemical reaction.
In most cases, to use the tool, it is enough to take a few simple steps.
- Pour in or pour into the neck of the toilet bowl dose of the drug in accordance with the instructions.
- Wait for the time indicated on the label, then wash off the aggressive substance with water.
Remember about safety measures.The composition of the purchase of chemicals includes substances that are dangerous to the skin, mucous membranes and overall health. Eliminate blockages in the toilet spend in rubber gloves, after taking care of the ventilation of the sanitary unit.
Prevention of clogging: useful tips
We considered the details of the procedure for removing blockages in the toilet at home. Now we will pay attention to the rules of plumbing operation, the observance of which prevents the occurrence of problems.
- Do not throw foreign objects into the toilet.If anything gets into the throat, try to extract it as soon as possible.
- Do not wash off leftover food. Fats gradually accumulate on the inner walls, which will eventually lead to the formation of a dense cork.
- From an early age, teach your children to the rules of visiting the plumbing unit.
- If the toilet is being repaired, cover the toilet with a thick cloth so that construction debris does not fall.
- Periodically, use special chemistry to prevent blockages. She will take care to keep the pipes clean.
- Often the cause of the blockage is rusty pipes, the loose internal surface of which delays debris. In order to avoid problems, it is recommended to replace them with new ones from polymeric materials.
People who have experienced the horror of a clogged toilet, choose a more serious approach to the use of San. node and do not forget about its immediate purpose. I hope the article will protect against such inconveniences and problems.
Effective ways to wash the toilet
Cleaning the toilet - an unpleasant, but necessary stage of cleaning. Let's look at ways to quickly and efficiently carry out work that will ease the plight and help restore the sanitary element to its original appearance.
Not bad cope with cleaning even Coca-Cola.Treat the entire surface of the product with a drink and wait a few hours, then walk on the faience or ceramic toilet bowl with a brush. The effect of using a tasty drink will surprise you.
The algorithm for the work of washing is as follows.
- Pour a solution made of water and a cleaning agent into a plastic bottle. Screw the container on with a lid, having previously made several holes in it.
- To get the cleaner under pressure and penetrate the most difficult places, push the bottle and direct the jet to the right place.
- Give the cleaner a few minutes to soften the dirt. After time, rinse with water and wipe with a dry cloth.
These simple recommendations will help you look after the plumbing properly, which will greatly increase its service life. And this is a pledge of savings, constant comfort and comfort in the house.
If these methods did not help to clear the blockage in the toilet, call the plumber. It is possible that the cork appeared in the riser, and with the further use of the sewer system, the volume of the bowl of the toilet bowl will not be enough to hold the drains. A professional will quickly solve the problem.
How to create life
Keyring with embroidery
How to overcome spring fatigue
What to donate just like that
Caring for a man’s health: a necessity or a mistake
How to answer a guy
Announced the worst dress of the ball Met Gala 2018