How to cook delicious jam for the winter?
Tasty and fragrant jam is a special delicacy that is a primordially Russian dish, it was our ancestors who invented such an invention that miraculously came out from fruit and berry blanks. The presence of whole fruits, as well as a sticky syrup, distinguishes jam from similar delicacies of other peoples.
The value of jam is that it can be stored for a very long time, while preserving its aroma and unique taste. But this happens only in the case when the jam is prepared according to all norms. So how to make jam to make it a delicious and flavorful dessert?
Since now you can buy almost anything in shops and supermarkets, recently the hostesses are more inclined to buy the finished product than to make their own.
However, what can be compared with a jar of sweet, fragrant jam, which is cooked with your own hands, but of berries, which are gathered from your garden? Therefore, in almost every family, at least a fewjars that stand to pamper yourself in the winter months or to surprise the delicacy and skill of the hostess of friends.
Ingredients and components for jam can be very diverse: fruits and berries, as well as vegetables and other additives. Strawberries, black and red currants, apples, cherries, gooseberries, as well as more unusual for us components: rose petals, watermelon rinds, green tomatoes can come here.
By the way, it would be nice to know that gooseberry jam well combines cherry leaves, and watermelon peel jam must contain vanilla and lemon juice.
That's what you can make jams from, with a small amount of ingredients for this, but being able to assemble them correctly.
By the way, jam is also distinguished by its consistency: it can be thick and sticky, like jam, which is perfect for sandwiches and toasts.
But the liquid syrup with whole berries is more suitable for adding to tea, which can be eaten right with a spoon. Depending on which type of jam you want to get, you need to adhere to some general rules of preparation, as well as to choose the right ingredients and, starting from a specific case, follow certain prescriptions.
Some common rules
- Choose the right dishes in which you are going to make jam. Ideally, it should be deep and wide, preferably made of copper, stainless steel or aluminum. Enameled dishes are immediately eliminated, since it is in it that the jam stick is high.
- Of course, pay attention to the fruits and berries, from which you are going to cook, they should be fresh and, preferably, growing on local lands. It is better not to buy berries and fruits that have been brought from distant places, because they have already traveled a long way, which means they could lose all or part of their taste.
- In order for the berries not to lose their shape during cooking, and the jam had a clean and transparent appearance, it is necessary to prepare sugar syrup in advance.
- In the process of cooking, foam is formed on the surface of the syrup, which must be removed so that the jam does not ferment and is not sour. But there is no need to grasp the foam when it first appeared. Before the end of cooking, let the jam boil for a few minutes at the most, and then immediately remove from the heat. Wait a couple of minutes, let the berries settle, and then carefully remove all the accumulated foam.This way you collect all the foam at one time and do not damage the whole fruit.
- The moment of the end of cooking is very important. It is necessary to accurately track the time, because if the jam is not cooked, then it can sour or ferment, and if it is digested, then it can sugar and become dark in color. Jam is considered to be ready when the foam is collected in the center, and does not diverge at the edges of the container, the berries should be distributed in the syrup evenly, and not float on the surface. The last rule - a drop of syrup placed on a plate, should retain its shape, and not spread. When all these points are respected, the jam is ready.
It is necessary to purchase: 1 kg of red currant, 1 kg of white sugar and vanillin.
The berries are carefully cleaned from the stalks, washed and poured into the prepared container. They are poured with sugar and so remain until they give the juice. When the juice appears, the mixture is put to us medium heat and brought to a boil.
The jam is boiled for about 2-3 minutes, stirring necessarily, until the sugar has dissolved. After cooking, the currant berries change color, so they need to be drained, and the remaining berry should be rubbed through a sieve so that all the usefulness remains in the jam.It is necessary to pour currant jam on well-washed jars, which must be poured with boiling water in advance.
It is necessary to purchase: 1 kg of strawberries, 1-1.2 kg of sugar (to taste).
The berries are washed, spoiled are removed, and the leaves and tails are separated. After that, the berries are filled with sugar and left for 8-12 hours, until the strawberries give juice, it will be clearly visible on the sugar. After that, strawberries with sugar are placed on a low fire, and the berries are heated until they begin to float in the syrup.
Jam must be stirred with a spatula, waiting until all the sugar has dissolved. Then put the jam on a medium heat, and bring to a boil, after which it is immediately removed from the fire.
Hot liquid must be poured into sterile cans and closed. Banks are pre-washed and boiled water. When the jars of jam have cooled, they can be transferred to a cool place.
Such a jam requires multiple boiling to make it fragrant and tasty. To do this, purchase: 1 kg of quince, 1.5 kg of sugar and 5 glasses of water.
The quince is washed, after which it is laid out in a saucepan and filled with water, which should completely cover it, the fruit should heat up and boil for 10 minutes, after which the quince should be pulled out.
Fruits are cut into 2 and 4 parts, the core is removed. Prepared pieces are poured hot syrup, which is previously prepared from the water in which the fruits were cooked, with the addition of sugar. Such a mixture should be infused for 3 hours, after which it should be boiled again for 5-8 minutes. After the jam again insists, only for 10 hours. Such procedures must be repeated 3-4 times, exactly as described above, only standing should be 8 hours each.
It will be necessary: 1 kg of apples, 1 kg of sugar.
Apples need to be washed, cut into slices, cleared from the core. Then the apples are dipped in water so that they cover them completely, for no more than 15 minutes so that they do not darken. After the apples are pulled out of the water, we shift them into the container, where the boiling will take place, we fall asleep with sugar for 10-12 hours.
During this time, the sugar should melt, then put the mixture on the fire and bring to a boil, hold for 10 minutes. And then the apples are removed from the heat, cool. The cooled jam is put back on the gas and boiled again, cook for another 15 minutes, remove it, cool it. In total, there should be three such procedures, after which the hot mass is laid out in cans.
Prepare jam necessarily and please your loved ones with tasty, homemade desserts.
How to get rid of subcutaneous acne on the face
Choice of blinds
Cleaning in Moscow
Habitat Painted Fish watch online
Original gifts for the New Year do-it-yourself: photo master class
Secrets of cooking sweet cherry compote
What is the year of the Rooster 2017