Core Exercise: Bridge with Leg Extension
How to Do a Bridge Exercise With an Exercise Ball
Getting in the Starting Position
Know the basics of working out on an exercise ball before proceeding.
Lie down with your back on the floor with your legs stretched straight out on top of the exercise ball.Straighten your back and rest your arms at your sides. Inhale and you should be in a neutral position.
Performing the Exercise
Exhale and begin to raise your hips off the ground until your body is almost completely straight.You should be aligned from your chest to your hips to your feet, which should be pointing outwards. Make sure you're supporting your weight using your arms, which should not change position.
Inhale again and ease your body back into its original position.Lower your back down first, followed by your hips. Continue to keep your head, neck, and arms in place on the ground.
To make this exercise more challenging, you can bend one of your legs as you lift your body off the ground.Bend it at a right angle as you stretch your body upwards, then switch legs for the next repetition.
You can also point one leg up at the ceiling for an even greater challenge.Just lift it so it's perpendicular to the floor as you lift your torso up, then set it down on the ball again and switch legs for the next repetition.
Do 5 repetitions of this exercise per set.Repeat until you've completed 2 to 3 sets.
In order to start seeing/feeling results, aim to do 5 sets 3 days a week for 6 weeks.For faster results, increase the number of sets/times per week you do this exercise.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- The benefits of these exercises are increased strength and flexibility in legs, butt, and abdominal muscles.
- To make this exercise less challenging you can start by movingonlyyour hips, without your upper torso. Once you feel you've gotten sufficient practice in with the easier version, you can try the regular exercise.
- Donotturn your head at any point during the exercise.
- Those with poor balance should be careful when performing this exercise.
- Potential injuries that may be incurred if this exercise is performed incorrectly are muscles strains in the back, legs, and neck.
Video: How to do a Bridge Exercise
The Best Baby Beauty Products Kate Middleton Should Steal From the New RoyalHeir
ARTHRITIS DISEASE IN HINDI
Self-Care Spotlight: Give Yourself A Rub-Down With This Easy, DIY Massage Oil
How to Make Calendula Oil
How To Blowout Your Long Hair Like A Pro
Laura Mercier Launches Ovarian Cancer Fund
31 Gorgeous Long Bob Hairstyles
Both the Gypsy and Jet-setter Will Love This New Travel Book, Gypset Travel
8 Times Cara Delevingne Had Us Hooked On Instagram
Tag: natural curls
How to Enjoy a Spa or Hot Tub
This is why the shell inside Kinder eggs is actually yellow
Date: 12.12.2018, 20:56 / Views: 83541