How to get a passport?
Everyone has the right to freedom of movement. The main document, which is necessary for the movement of citizens of some countries on the territory of other states, is a passport. Now, many of our compatriots prefer to spend holidays abroad. And of course, they face the question of how to get a passport. In this article we will describe the procedure for its execution and list the documents that you will need to submit to the FMS.
Package of documents
Let's start with the list of required documents. At the moment in Russia are issued two types of passports:
- The so-called old sample - a passport without an electronic chip, the validity of which is 5 years.
- And a new sample - a biometric passport with an electronic chip that stores a digital image of the passport holder, his personal data, as well as any other information containing biometric data. For example, fingerprints.
Depending on the receipt of which document you are interested in, the list of required documents will also change.
So, to get a passport of the old sample, you will need to submit:
- your current Russian passport;
- an old international passport, if you had one before;
- receipt confirming payment of the relevant service;
- 4 photos 35 x 45 mm of the established sample;
- application for issuance of passport (sample can be on the Internet at official resources or take in the local branch of the FMS).
In particular cases, you will also need to provide:
- a package of documents confirming the right to early registration of a passport in case you urgently need to leave the country;
- If you have a child, you will need to present either his birth certificate or a passport of a child aged 14 to 18 years. Additional documents will also need to be submitted if you have custody of the child or are adopted;
- for men over 18, a military ID is required;
- if you are traveling abroad as a member of the military, you will also need to submit permission from the command.
To get a new passport you will need to submit the following documents:
- Russian passport;
- an old international passport, if you have previously traveled abroad;
- receipt of payment of duty;
- photo of the established sample;
- for men over 18 years old - a military ID or certificate from the military commissariat;
- for military personnel - the permission of command.
Submission of documents to the local FMS
The review of all applications for the issuance of passports is handled by the Office of the Federal Migration Service. You must personally go there with the package of documents described above, after which copies of all necessary documents will be taken and your application will be sent for consideration. If you do not have any problems with documents or authorities in the country, you will be assigned an exact date when you can come and collect the finished document. In general, the period for issuing a passport should not exceed thirty calendar days.
In recent years, the authorities have sought to simplify and speed up all the procedures for formalizing official documents. In most branches of the FMS, you will be asked to pre-book an appointment at a certain time in order to save you from having to spend time in queues.
Also, for the convenience of citizens, a portal was recently commissioned through which you can use most government services without leaving your home. In order to use it, you will need to register on the portal, and then confirm your identity by entering a personal code that you will receive by mail.
In order to electronically apply for a passport, you will need to digitally download the entire list of required documents in a special section.
Guy Ritchie shot a short film dedicated to the 2018 World Cup in Russia
What rings are better for choosing for wedding
Hair mousse: why it is needed
Spacious Apartment in Beijing
What to look for when buying a greenhouse
Paris Hilton called Lindsay Lohan a pathological liar
White chocolate Easter eggs