How to Lose Weight and Get More Energy in 15 Days
How to Maintain Your Weight on the Volumetrics Diet
In The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet, Dr. Barbara Rolls discusses principles for maintaining weight based on data from the National Weight Control Registry. When you reach your maintenance weight, you can continue to follow Volumetrics eating and exercise principles. If you start to gain weight again, then you can make a few tweaks to your diet and activity levels to get yourself back to your goal weight.
Evaluate Your Present Weight
Weigh yourself using a scale to determine how much weight you have lost on Volumetrics.
Calculate how much weight you have lost in relation to your goal weight.If you have reached your goal weight, then you can proceed to putting together your Volumetrics maintenance diet.
Continue to Follow Volumetrics Principles for Eating
Eat foods with a low calorie density.
- Consume the majority of your calories from vegetables and fruits, whole grains, legumes, lean protein and low-fat dairy products.
- Consume water-rich foods. For instance, enjoy a broth-based soup or salad at the beginning of a meal.
Include fat strategically.Fat has a high calorie density, and eating too much could cause you to gain weight.
- Choose lean cuts of meat and other low-fat proteins.
- Use lower-fat dressings, sauces and dairy products.
- Bake, steam, grill or broil your food instead of frying it in oil or fat.
Eliminate added sugar.Eat more sugar-modified foods, and drink calorie-free soft drinks.
Manage portion sizes.You can eat larger portions of low calorie density foods on Volumetrics, but stick to small portions of foods that are higher in calorie density, like fats and sugars.
- Use food labels to determine your portion size. For instance, if the nutrition label says that 1 serving equals 1 cup, then place a portion equal to 1 serving on a plate.
- Avoid eating out of the box or bag of food.
- Eat slowly. You want your brain to get the message when your stomach is full.
- Choose single-serving packaged snacks when you purchase snacks at the grocery store.
Eat mindfully.Avoid snacking in front of the television set or while you are doing other tasks. Instead, chew your food slowly and enjoy its taste and texture.
Incorporate fiber.Most low calorie density Volumetrics-friendly foods are high in fiber, which helps you to feel more full.
Follow Volumetrics Activity Guidelines
Take 10,000 steps per day.Dr. Rolls recommends wearing a pedometer to ensure that you meet your daily step goal.
Exercise at a moderate or vigorous intensity.Dr. Rolls cites research that concludes that people who maintain their weight exercise at a higher intensity rather than exercising at a leisurely pace.
Be physically active whenever possible.Avoid sedentary behaviors like watching TV or surfing the Internet.
Maintain Your Volumetrics Diary
Write down what you eat at each meal in a journal or notebook.
Write down any exercise that you perform on a daily basis.
Record any episodes of emotional eating alongside the meals that you write down in your diary.If you ate too much at a meal because you felt anxious, then write down the feeling beside the meal.
Maintain a list of things that have changed for the better since you’ve been on the Volumetrics diet.If you have more energy, if you wear a smaller clothing size or if you have more stamina when you work out, then record those accomplishments in your diary.
Fight Back Against Weight Gain
Set a new weight loss goal that equals 5 to 10 percent of your body weight.
Cut 100 to 200 calories from your diet every day.Do this by exchanging high calorie density foods for low calorie density Volumetrics foods.
Increase your daily activity.
Weigh yourself again at the end of 4 weeks and evaluate whether or not you should continue losing weight.
- Satisfy your eyes by filling your plate with food when you eat. The core principle of Volumetrics is to choose foods that contain fewer calories per bite so that you can consume more food.
- Find a copy of the Volumetrics diet principles (on page 142 of The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet, for instance). Photocopy the page or scan it and place a copy on the front of your refrigerator.
- Proceed slowly when adding more fiber to your diet. For instance, try adding 5 grams of fiber per day to your meals. Otherwise, you may experience gastrointestinal discomfort or constipation.
Video: Nutrition : How to Maintain a Healthy Diet During Pregnancy
Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bras Throughout The Years
Black Bean and Chicken Chili
The Truth About Muscle
British fashion and style
How to Cite a Movie Using MLA Style
Getting A Dermal Piercing – What You Should Know
5 Beautiful Bed Sets
Is THIS Why You Cant See
Crohns disease medicine Results from Everyday Health
A High-Protein Diet Is Best for These 4 Types of People