How to make a paste of water and flour at home
In the article I will tell you how to make a paste from water and flour at home. Surely the material will be useful, because every person sometimes has to do repairs in the apartment.
The stores have a huge range of finishing materials, including wallpapers of various types and textures. Naturally, each type requires the appropriate glue. It is easy to purchase a special adhesive, but various toxins are often part of the factory adhesive.
Any family wants to live in a safe apartment. Therefore, we will learn to make a paste. This remedy is completely safe, because it is based on natural ingredients. This product is prepared on the basis of wheat flour or starch. In addition to safety and cheapness, homemade paste is more practical and easy to use.
Classic flour paste
If in time you decide to refresh the interior of the dwelling, you will have to remove the old wallpaper. Make it easy if they are glued to the paste. It is enough to moisten the walls with water, and the wallpaper will easily move away.On the surface of the walls there will be no roughness and irregularities.
To prepare, take 6 liters of water and a two-liter jar of flour.
- Pour six liters of water into a large enamel bowl, put on gas and boil. In the boiling water fill the flour, slowly stirring the mass. For 6 liters of liquid, take a two-liter can of flour.
- The consistency of the solution should be homogeneous, and in terms of density, the quality paste looks like a liquid dough. Cool the prepared mass and pass through cheesecloth. After that, it is ready for use.
To make a quality paste made of water and flour, add a little pre-heated joinery glue. Just remember, the substance can leave yellow spots on the wallpaper. Use it when painting walls with high-quality thick wallpaper.
Anoint the walls with hot paste, and to coat the wallpaper - cooled. Shelf life of the homemade adhesive is one day.
Wallpaper, pasted through a paste, will reliably hold. If you want to protect housing from fleas, bedbugs, moths and other insects, add a little bit of carbofos.
How to make paste made from papier-mache flour
Needlework is a stylish, fashionable and environmentally friendly activity. If there is a fantasy and disused paper, set up a real papier-mâché factory at home. Newspapers, notebooks and even toilet paper are great for this purpose.
There are two ways to make papier-mâché at home. The first one provides for pasting the pre-fabricated form, the second one is based on the formation of an object from mastic.
Any creative process involves assiduity and a step-by-step action plan. First prepare the material. Newspapers and other paper tear into small pieces. All family members can participate in this process. Teamwork rallies. While working, you can listen to music or watch movies.
Having prepared the required amount of material, switch to the manufacture of glue. Wheat flour and wood glue will be needed, which gives an acceptable viscosity and rapid solidification.
- Making a paste at home is reminiscent of cooking custard. Pour two glasses of water into a small bowl, bring to a boil and gradually add flour, stirring with a fork. Two hundred grams of flour is enough.
- To prevent lumps, cook the glue over low heat. After a lot of strain and connect with four tablespoons of wood glue.
- Leave the paste for two to three hours to cool completely.
Such a variety of paste is used everywhere, if the manufacture of papier-mâché is done on the basis of form.
Thanks to the home adhesive, you can easily create at home wonderful toys that, after drying and coloring with acrylic or paints, will occupy a worthy place on one of the shelves and become an excellent decoration of the interior.
The manufacturing of a toy often takes several days. To not have to re-do the paste, store it in the refrigerator. In conditions of low temperature, it will retain its quality for several days, and then it will cover moldy and lose its stickiness.
Correct paste from flour for wallpaper
During repairs in the apartment, many use wallpaper and ordinary glue, which is sold in hardware stores, for wall decoration. However, home-made paste of water and flour does not lose popularity.
Previously, people covered the walls of houses with a layer of oil paint or primed with linseed oil.Purchased glue diffuses poorly with surfaces of this type. Therefore, you need a substance that can work normally in such conditions, for example, flour paste.
Cooked pasta has only one drawback - poor resistance to moisture, which is eliminated with the help of additives. The list of the merits of the composition is presented by convenience in work and ease of removing the wallpaper.
Traditionally, flour and wood glue are used for cooking, which provides excellent contact with almost all types of surface. These ingredients will replace starch and PVA glue. The result will not deteriorate.
For the manufacture of paste will need one liter of water and 200 grams of low-grade flour. I do not recommend using high grade flour, as it is not capable of providing good stickiness.
- After sifting, add a little water to the flour and mix, crushing the lumps. If cheap flour is not found, take potato or corn starch.
- Cook the resulting composition. In a solution of thin stream pour boiling water until the volume of the mixture is equal to one liter.If the paste is very thick, increase the amount of water.
- To make the adhesive work with the painted surfaces, add a little wood glue. Boil the mixture over low heat until tiny bubbles appear on the surface.
- At the end of cooking the composition is thoroughly strain to get rid of lumps. When the composition has cooled, remove the film from the surface, which appeared during the cooling.
Do paste for wallpaper before use, because the adhesive qualities are manifested at a temperature of forty degrees. Keep your home glue in a cool place, it loses warm performance.
To increase the shelf life in a homemade paste, add a little carbolic acid. Ten ten liters of adhesive are taken twenty-five grams of the substance.
Now there is a great opportunity to save on buying glue. If there are no problems with finances, buy factory adhesive, and let the flour in the preparation of pancakes.
How to make a paste from starch for wallpaper
Contrary to the wide range of adhesives offered by building materials stores, starch paste is still widely used for priming walls, creating paper applications, insulating windows and decorating walls with wallpaper.
The main advantage of homemade starch paste is transparency. The composition does not leave marks and stains even on delicate paper. If the paper pasted by this tool should be removed, it is easy to make with the help of warm water.
The main thing is not to be mistaken with the amount of starch. On a bucket of liquid, I take no more than a kilogram of powder. This ratio of ingredients will make an almost perfect starch paste.
- First prepare the starch. Thoroughly sift, which will minimize the likelihood of lumps. Pour the prepared raw material with warm water and mix. The result will be a mass resembling a batter.
- In the starch slurry I will inject water with a thin and continuous stream. For this purpose, I recommend using a kettle. Stir the mixture thoroughly until smooth. Stir intensively with the use of a long stick, breaking all the lumps. After brewing, the paste will become transparent. When cooled, it becomes thicker.
- Strain the hot mass gently. For this purpose a sieve or a colander made of gauze is ideal. In the finished adhesive composition should not remain lumps.Otherwise, the result of further work will turn out to be unsatisfactory.
- Kleister is characterized by poor resistance to moisture. To increase the adhesive ability in the composition include industrial additives. A glass of wood glue is sufficient for a bucket of the mixture.
Cope with the task, if you correctly calculate the amount of raw materials. Remember, boiling water or powder cannot be added to the finished mixture. Since the adhesive ability of the product is rapidly decreasing, do not stock up.
The prepared mixture is suitable for priming walls painted with oil paint. However, in this case, you should not use industrial additives, as the composition enriched by them will leave pollution on the paper. If you suffer from problematic skin of the face, try to keep the composition with additives on it did not fall.
Buy wallpaper glue is easy. For any type of wall covering there is a suitable mixture. However, sometimes there is no opportunity to buy glue, and the work needs to be completed urgently. One way out of this situation is the independent preparation of paste. I shared technologies, instructions and step-by-step recipes from flour and starch.Now highlight the six main advantages of home formulations.
- Low cost.
- Even thin wallpaper does not soak from the mixture. Low chance of damage during bonding.
- Excellent adhesion of the paste to various surfaces.
- After drying, homemade glue does not appear stains and do not leave marks.
- The frozen composition is durable.
- Easy disassembly of wallpaper.
I hope in the process of reading the material you have discovered something new, useful and interesting. See you!
Lychee is an unusual but very healthy fruit
Making a convenient key for a drill chuck
Courtney Cox is getting married to a rock band guitarist
Komondor - Hungarian Sheepdog
Women's warm jackets with fur - fashion trends this season
Recipes and Tips for Cooking Aromatic Strudel