How to Organize Your Locker - Locker Organization & Decorating Ideas
How to Organize Your Locker in Middle School (Girls)
Getting a locker in middle school can be very exciting. You can put whatever you want inside and decorate it however you want. It is important to keep your locker clean and organized so you can find everything you need to do well in your classes.
Buying Locker Supplies
Get hooks for your locker.If your locker does not have hooks, then purchase plastic hooks that you can stick on the walls. Use these hooks to hang your coat and gym bag.
Buy a locker shelf.A locker shelf is the most important way to get your locker organized. If there is no shelf built into your locker, then make sure to buy a plastic or metal one. If you don’t have a shelf you will end up just shoving all your stuff inside and have trouble finding what you need.
Use a magnetic caddy to keep your supplies organized.Getting a magnetic caddy is a great way to keep your school supplies in your locker organized. Stick your extra pencils, pens, sticky notes, and other small school supplies in the caddy.
Get a magnetic whiteboard and mirror for the inside of the door.Use the white board to keep your classes organized. You can use it to write down the assignments you need to do so you do not forget. You could also make your own if you want to using paper, and a clear plastic bag.
Get a small calendar to tape to the inside of the door.You can get a calendar of something you like and use it to mark important due dates and other events.
Decorate your locker.If your locker looks good, then you will be more likely to want to keep it clean and organized. Make your locker represent your personality and interests so people can see what you like when you open it.
- Tape wrapping paper or poster board to the inside of your locker to give it a background.
- Put pictures up in your locker of your friends, family, and pets. You can glue magnets onto small picture frames or just tape the photos.
- Stick decals on your locker. Make sure they are removable so you can take them off at the end of the year.
Organizing Your School Work
Get a binder for your assignments.Instead of shoving your assignments into your locker, keep them in a binder with dividers organizing which class the assignments are for.
Write down your assignments in a planner.This will help you remember what you need to get done and you will be less likely to lose important assignments in your locker if you know when they are due.
Find a good time everyday to keep things organized.Whether it is at lunch, between class, or after school, find a good time to reorganize. Everyday make sure your assignments are in the correct place and your locker only contains the items that are supposed to be there. This will help prevent your locker from getting messy.
Figuring Out What to Put in Your Locker
Put your texts books upright in the order of your classes.If you have trouble being able to tell which book is for which class, you can label each book with a different colored label and the name of the class and period that you use the book.
Keep extra school supplies in your locker.Keeping extra paper and pencils in your locker will come in handy. Don’t stuff your locker with a ton of supplies, keep most of your supplies at home.
Create a locker emergency kit.Use a makeup bag or a pencil case to put important things you might need at school. There are many things you could put in your emergency kit such as: tampons and pads, hair ties, tissues, bobby pins, deodorant, a hairbrush, chap stick, Advil, perfume, gum, mints, cough drops, hand sanitizer, dry shampoo, makeup, a compact mirror, Tide to-go, band aids, lotion, tape, post it notes, and a travel toothbrush and tooth paste.
Put water and food in your locker.Having snacks such as granola bars and a water bottle in your locker will be useful when you get hungry and thirsty though out the day. Don’t put old opened food in your locker though. This will create mess and may attract bugs.
- Get a water resistant mat for the bottom of your locker for shoes and hide the dirty edges at the bottom.
- If you don’t have time to stop at your locker between every class, grab books for your morning classes then at lunch replace the books with the ones for your afternoon classes.
- Make sure you have a secret hiding place to store any technology in. You don't want anything to be stolen.
- Keep a couple pads or tampons. They might come in handy for you or a friend!
- Get an air freshener for your locker. Using an air freshener will keep your locker smelling great.
- Keep valuables out of your locker and don't tell anyone your combination, not even your best friend! Lockers are safe but it's still possible for someone to open it.
- Don't be overly creative with it! Keep it clean and up-to-date.
- Put your books away and grab new books throughout the day.
- Don’t give away your locker combination.
- Make sure that your water bottle is secure, so it won't leak and drench your books in water.
- Don't leave open food in your locker, it might attract bugs.
- Don't over stuff your locker.
- Don't rush, it could cause you to mess up your locker even more.
- Don't put your phone or other valuables in your locker.
Things You'll Need
Lock (some lockers will already have built in locks)
Makeup bag or pencil bag
Supplies for emergency kit
Magnetic door caddy
Magnetic coat hangers
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Deutsch:
Sep 1, 2019
Jan 4, 2019
Jun 24, 2019
Nov 29, 2019
Nov 3, 2019
Aug 18, 2019
Jul 31, 2019
Dec 21, 2019
Sep 7, 2019
Mar 26, 2019
Jul 25, 2019
Video: How To Organize Your Locker!
How to Protest a School Rule
Burberrys Lip Velvet Crush Is the Perfect Lipstick for Lipstick Haters
These Are the Times of Year Youre Most Likely to Get Divorced
High Top Sneakers
This Baby Does Not Have a Gender Designated on Their Birth Certificate
15 Pool Games for Kids to Bust Out When Boredom Strikes
Royal Blue - 100 Polyester Satin Gown - GWN 11 RB
How to Replace Bearings in a Motorcycle Engine and Transmission
6 Reasons to Fall in Love With Fiber (Yes, Fiber)
Where Have All The Anchors Gone Pippa Middleton Rumored to Be Today’ ShowCorrespondent
Psoriasis Expert Perspectives
3 Ways to Drink Feni