How to stop being afraid to drive?
If you have finished a driving school and purchased your own car, then fear can prevent you from starting. And this fear is normal and justified, many novice drivers face it. But it can be overcome if you have patience and gain self-confidence.
Why are beginners afraid to drive?
The reasons for the fear of driving are different:
- Accident. Traffic accidents are really scary, and if we consider that they happen quite often, then the fear is completely justified. It can be strengthened by accidents seen in reality or on TV, especially with grave consequences.
- Own or foreign negative experience. If you, a relative or friend has already had an accident, it will provoke a fear of a repetition of such a situation and instill the thought that the accident will happen again, and no one is immune from it.
- Exit from the comfort zone. Previously, you walked, traveled with an experienced driver or public transport, and suddenly you need to get behind the wheel and drive a car.These are new, unknown, and therefore frightening conditions.
- Machine control alone. While studying at a driving school, there was always an instructor nearby who corrected and prevented mistakes and helped in difficult situations. Now you will have to cope with difficulties and make decisions on your own, which is certainly scary.
- Harm to pedestrians. Many drivers, even experienced ones, are afraid or afraid of pedestrians, because a pedestrian participant in the road may behave thoughtlessly or inadequately, sharply jump under the wheels.
- Unforeseen situations: breakdowns on the way, inadequate behavior of other road users, and so on. Behind the wheel you need maximum concentration and attention, and force majeure events are not at all useful, therefore they cause fear.
- Driving a car. If you have not yet mastered it and have not brought it to automatism, then you are probably afraid to stall while driving, not so turn the steering wheel, forget to turn on the turn signal, or make other mistakes.
- Uncertainty in their knowledge and skills causes fears to park incorrectly, not to overcome a narrow passage, to hurt other cars, to accidentally break the rules of the road.
- The attitude of other road users, a ridiculous look in front of them. Yes, indeed, some drivers are extremely disrespectful to newcomers on the roads, and especially difficult for the beginning girl. But after all everyone started to learn the basics of driving.
- Meetings with the traffic police. They instill fear in experienced drivers: because of possible fines, inquiries and other actions of road inspectors.
We delve into the essence of fears, eliminate their causes
How can I stop being afraid to drive a car? Find out and try to eliminate the causes of fear. So, if you are afraid of the probability of an accident, then just understand that it is pointless to be afraid, because you can get into an accident in a taxi or any other transport, and the situation does not always depend on you. The same advice will help with a negative driving experience.
If you are afraid to leave the comfort zone and face unforeseen situations, then practice your usual life. For example, you can travel, visit new places, explore different routes on foot, meet different people, learn something. So you fight yourself and become much more confident.
If you are afraid of accidental breaking the rules or making mistakes while operating the machine, only practice and studying traffic rules will help. It is necessary to periodically repeat all the rules (this is useful for everyone, because adjustments are often made) and drive more to bring all actions to automatism.
If you fear to look ridiculous and funny, increase your self-esteem. For example, speak to the public, start a dialogue with strangers, more in public places. In addition, it is important to learn not to react too sharply to the opinions of others. In the end, you are unlikely to meet and will communicate with the driver, who laughed at you or insulted you on the road. He will leave, and your negative emotions will pass in any case.
Another tip for everyone and for all occasions. Understand that an unforeseen situation can always happen, not even on the road, and sometimes events do not depend on us, but on a combination of circumstances. Do not think about the bad, but be prepared for anything. You can think in advance what to do under certain conditions. And tune into the positive!
Recommendations for novice drivers
Finally, advice to those who recently got behind the wheel and is still afraid to drive:
- Practice more! Get behind the wheel at any convenient opportunity, and let you be wrong first: remember your mistakes and draw conclusions. After some time, you will notice that you feel much more confident on the road, and the fear passes.
- Learn new routes. Having traveled several times to work and back, go to the store, visit and other places. Memorize the road and signs, and if the path is unknown, use the navigator.
- Learn traffic rules. For your own confidence in knowledge, repeat them periodically.
- Every time, sitting in the car, try to relax as much as possible. Use any relaxation technique: breathing, creating pleasant images and pictures using fantasy, pleasant music, aromatherapy.
- At first it is better to ride in the early morning or late evening, when the movement is not very dense. So you get used to the road, start to feel the dimensions of the car, better master the management, feel confident.
- If you feel that even after graduating from a driving school and getting a driver's license do not have the proper knowledge, then find a good mentor. This may be your spouse, friend or instructor specially hired for this purpose.Such a teacher can help with advice and advice, as well as accompaniment at first.
- To learn your abilities and test your strengths, master extreme driving. Sign up for the appropriate courses, test yourself, increase your skill level and visit emergency situations to develop a reaction and learn to think soberly.
- Use visualization. Before leaving, imagine how you started the car and drove, as you move along the road. Imagine yourself a confident and experienced driver.
- Simulation of situations. If you are afraid of certain events, mentally move into them and think about how you will behave, what alternatives there are, to which everything can lead. After several such training, difficulties will stop scare you so much.
- Before each departure, check the readiness and serviceability of the car to assess the likelihood of breakdowns on the road, and, perhaps, to avoid them. Also repeat the main actions associated with the management: turning on the turn signals and wipers, steering turns, pressing the gas and brake. And be sure to adjust the rear-view mirrors and driver's seat to feel most comfortable and confident.
- Learn to ask about the help of other road users.
How to find out what wood I have
Babulino dress Volochkova mocked fans
How to make a face mask from powder badyagi
Cream cheese soup
How to wear arafatka