Headache Treatments : Cayenne Migraine Headache Remedy
How to Use Cayenne for Back Pain
Cayenne peppers are part of the genus capsicum in the nightshade family of flowering plants. Capsicum peppers contain capsaicin, the chemical that gives them their spice. Capsaicin is a natural analgesic, which means that it can relieve pain. By using capsicum plasters, store-bought capsicum cream, or a homemade cayenne salve, you can use cayenne to relieve back pain naturally.
Using “Capsicum Plasters”
Purchase capsicum plasters.“Capsicum plasters” are essentially patches that contain capsaicin. These patches can be purchased at most pharmacies or online. They are adhesive on one side, and are applied to the skin in order to relieve back pain. These plasters are often sold in packages of three.
Cut plaster into pieces (optional).Capsicum plasters are sold in different sizes. Additionally, these plasters can be cut to the exact size you desire. Using sharp scissors, simply trim the patch into the size or shape you need.
Apply plaster to skin.Remove the backing from your capsicum plaster, and apply the patch directly to your skin. You will likely feel some heat, and possibly even a burning sensation.
Use up to three times a day.You can leave the capsicum plaster in place for up to 8 hours, but you may also remove it as soon as you no longer feel it tingling. Capsicum plasters can be used up to three times per day.
- Discard the capsicum plaster after use.
Observe all warnings.There are several important warnings to observe when using capsicum plasters. Carefully review all instructions and warnings contained with this product.Some warnings include:
- Never apply patches to open wounds or irritated skin.
- Avoid getting the medicine on contact lenses, dentures, and other items that can come into contact with sensitive areas of the body.
- A mild burning sensation is expected. If this sensation becomes too much, remove the patch and wash the area with soap and water.
- Seek medical attention immediately if you experience severe burning, swelling, or blistering of the skin.
Using Capsicum Cream
Purchase capsicum cream.Capsicum cream is a topical ointment that can be purchased at most pharmacies or online. These creams contains the powerful analgesic capsaicin, and can be used to relive back pain, neck pain, or pain in your joints.
Apply three times per day.Simply apply this cream to any location on your back where you are experiencing pain. Avoid areas with broken skin. You will experience some tingling, and maybe even a burning sensation. You can apply this cream up to three times per day.
Wash your hands.As soon as you have finished applying capsicum cream, it is very important to wash your hands. This cream will cause a tingling and/or burning sensation if it is not immediately washed off.
- You may also choose to apply this medication using rubber gloves.
Use it for two weeks.In order to experience the true pain relieving benefits of capsicum cream, experts recommend using the product for at least two weeks. Be sure to give capsicum cream a honest try by sticking with the product for two weeks or more.
Be aware of warnings.Before using capsicum cream, it is important to review some warnings. Read all instructions and warnings contained with this product before application.Some warnings can include:
- Apply only to skin. Avoid broken, sunburned, injured, or irritated skin.
- This product is for external use only. Do not apply in nose, eyes, mouth, or genitals.
- Do not use with a heating pad.
- Do not apply immediately before or after swimming, bathing, or exercise.
Making a Cayenne Salve at Home
Gather supplies.If you prefer a more DIY approach, you can create a cayenne salve at home. The process is pretty simple, although it does take some time. To begin, you will need: 4 Tbs. ground cayenne pepper, 1/2 cup of oil (olive, coconut, grapeseed, jojoba, or a mix of these), cheesecloth, beeswax pellets, and a glass jar. You will also need a double boiler (or a glass/metal bowl in a pot of warm water on the stove). This recipe will make about 4 oz.
Infuse the oil.Combine your carrier oil and cayenne pepper in the inside of your double boiler (or glass/metal bowl). Heat water in your double boiler (or pot on the stove) to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Insert the container with your oil-cayenne mixture into the warm water, and allow it to steep on low for one hour.
- This is referred to as a “warm bath.”
Wait and reheat.Allow your mixture to cool. Wait a few hours and reheat your oil-cayenne mixture, following the same procedure as before. This "double-infusion" process will ensure a powerful oil.
Strain the oil.After your second infusion, you will want to strain out the cayenne. Simply drape cheesecloth over another bowl and pour your oil through.
- Your salve will work just as well with the cayenne left in, but it may feel gritty against your skin.
Add your beeswax.Add the beeswax to your infused oil, and return it to the warm bath. Set your burner to low and stir until the beeswax is completely melted. You want the beeswax to melt slowly, so avoid turning the heat up too high.
Transfer to jar.Transfer your salve to a glass jar, and allow it to cool completely. You will want to use a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store your salve in a cool, dry place. It can be kept for up to one year.
- This mixture can be used just the same as store-bought capsicum cream.
- As with any capsicum cream, wash your hands after application.
- Try to give this product at least two week to see a noticeable reduction in back pain.
- Any product containing cayenne can be painful and even dangerous for your mucus membranes like your eyes, genitals, or the inside of your mouth or nose. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands after using these products to avoid accidentally touching a sensitive area and causing pain.
Video: Miracle of Cayenne Pepper for Fast Joint Pain Relief - Dr Mandell
How to Meditate With Binaural Beats MP3s
How to Tell Your Date You Had Cancer
Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
Roast Sweet Potato Soup with Paprika and Bacon
How to Set a Thermostat
Adult Acne – Causes, Symptoms, And Treatments
Loneliness is bad for your health
10 Style Lessons From Pitti Uomo 91
10 Holiday Party Dresses Under 50
Air purifier magic