Interesting ways to use potatoes for personal care
Everyone knows that cosmetics with natural ingredients is always more effective, and therefore more expensive. But even a few centuries ago, no one knew about the miraculous lifting creams and masks with a rejuvenating effect. The best tools at that time were hand-picked vegetables, fruits, herbs and other plants. And potatoes among them occupied a special place.
Well of useful substances
Why is this tuber so useful? First, it contains a large amount of starch, several organic acids, vitamins of group B, and various trace elements. Due to such a rich composition, it has anti-inflammatory and wound-healing properties and is often used in traditional medicine. It saves from burns, helps get rid of warts and has a beneficial effect on the skin.
Let's learn how to properly use this vegetable for cosmetic purposes.
The basis of skin care is cleansing.Daily removal of excess sebum, dirt and residues of decorative cosmetics is a necessary measure to prevent clogging of the pores and the appearance of rashes. Potatoes will do an excellent job with this task:
- For oily skin, it is recommended to rub one tuber on a grater, add whipped protein and starch. Apply on face and for a noticeable effect, hold for 20 minutes, then rinse. If your skin has a rash or acne, you can add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture.
- Dry skin needs a more gentle procedure, so the product will need to be held for only 1-2 minutes. For him, you need to boil the potatoes and turn it into mashed potatoes. 200 g mashed potatoes mixed with 1 tsp. boric acid and 1 tbsp. shaving cream.
At any age, the skin needs nutrition and, it turns out, potatoes can completely replace expensive means:
- For the dry type, you can use the so-called "Swedish mask". To grated potatoes, boiled "in uniform", add the yolk, 1 tbsp. olive oil and a little milk. Its amount should be such that the mask is not too liquid. Apply the product on the face, cover with a warm towel and wait 20 minutes. After that wash.
- For other types, there is a universal recipe that will help to give the skin a healthy and radiant appearance, having nourished it with useful substances. To do this, you need a raw vegetable, grind it on a grater, add a little salt, dry milk, a few drops of lemon juice and dilute all half of the eggs. The mixed mass is applied for 15 minutes and then washed thoroughly.
Unfortunately, age makes its changes in the appearance of a woman: the first wrinkles appear, the contour of the face "floats", the skin loses its moisture and becomes dry. But it is possible to slow down such processes, and in what ways:
- Crush raw potatoes, put inside a folded piece of gauze and apply on face. After 15 minutes, wash. Such a procedure perfectly tones and helps smooth fine lines.
- To remove eyelid edema and eliminate fine mimic wrinkles in the eye area, grate the vegetable, squeeze out the juice, soak the cotton pads in it and hold it on the eyelids for half an hour.
- To achieve a lifting effect for the face and neck, you can use another recipe. Mix the crushed potatoes and fresh cucumber. The resulting slurry is applied to problem areas,then wash the prepared water with lemon juice. Wait until the water is dry, and make a light massage using olive oil.
With age, the skin loses its natural color, pigment spots appear. Such changes are difficult to hide with decorative cosmetics, so you need to resort to other procedures.
For bleaching, raw potatoes are excellent. It is cut into thin circles and placed on the face. After 15 minutes, rinse the rests with warm water.
The mask of boiled in a peel and chopped tuber, yolk and a small amount of milk acts in the same way. For oily skin, the yolk needs to be replaced with protein.
For gentle hands
The skin of the hands also requires special attention. Wind, frost and daily contact with water and household chemicals make hands dry and even rough. If you have such a problem, try to correct the situation using the following recipes:
- Tray of broth potatoes perfectly helps with peeling and redness. To do this, hold your hands in the broth for 10-15 minutes, then gently blot with a towel, spread the fat cream and put on cotton gloves.
- To whiten the skin of the hands, use mashed potatoes with milk. It is applied to the skin for 15 minutes, and after cotton-wool discs soaked in milk, remove.
- If the skin of the hands is weathered, you can make an application of crushed potatoes, cooked "in uniform", and 2 tsp. lemon juice or cucumber. The mass should be warm. It should be evenly applied to the skin, covered with gauze and hold for 15 minutes. After the time, rinse and apply a moisturizer.
Face and hand skin care is the key to an attractive look. Pay yourself enough attention using simple recipes with natural ingredients, and you will not be afraid of any signs of aging.
Furcy Satin Ribbon Clip
How to adjust the fuel pump
Natural skin moisturizers
How to make a child happy
What does IMHO mean
Sea peony - fashionable color autumn-winter 1718