Mikado - delicious and festive cake
Sweet tooths love sweets, cakes and other delicacies. But cakes deserve special attention, it is no wonder they are in every national cuisine of the world. And if you like sweets, then you will definitely like the incredibly tasty Armenian “Mikado”. Cooking it, by the way, is easy.
What is this cake?
"Mikado" is a traditional Armenian cake, which is characterized by tenderness and incredible sweetness. And this is achieved through thin cakes, which are rolled out of dough and baked separately in the oven or even fry in a pan.
Then they are impregnated with a cream, which is usually prepared from condensed milk and butter or fatty cream (often the housewives add cocoa). Because of the number of cakes, the cooking process can be called quite time consuming and lengthy, but believe me, it is worth it!
Served "Mikado" is usually already cut into triangular or diamond-shaped pieces, which is very convenient. This delicious delicacy is often prepared by almost all Armenian hostesses for guests or families.
How to cook?
So, how to prepare an Armenian cake "Mikado". There is a traditional recipe, as well as variations. But, in general, each hostess can contribute something of her own to get a perfect and exclusive dessert.
This is a classic recipe for cocoa cake. For preparation it will be required:
For the cake test:
- 500 ml sour cream;
- 150 grams of butter;
- 2 eggs;
- 5 or 6 glasses of flour (the exact amount is better defined in the process);
- 1 teaspoon soda.
For the preparation of cream:
- two cans of condensed milk (about 800 grams);
- 1.5 cups of milk;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 3 egg yolks;
- 500 grams of butter;
- 4-5 tablespoons of cocoa.
- First, it is recommended to prepare the cream so that it is a little infused by the time the cakes are ready and become more saturated. Separate the yolks from the proteins and rub them first with sugar or whisk them with a blender. Then add milk and cocoa to the mixture, whisk again well. Now pour the composition into a saucepan and put it on a slow fire. When the first bubbles start to appear (no need to boil!), Remove the mixture from the heat and cool it. Butter should be soft, so remove it in advance from the refrigerator. Beat it with a mixer or blender for about 5 minutes.Add condensed milk to it and whisk thoroughly all over again. Then combine the milk-egg mixture with a mixture of butter and condensed milk. Do this gradually so that you get a beautiful, uniform cream.
- Next, go to the test. The oil must also be softened beforehand, but in no case should it be melted. Start beating it and after about a couple of minutes add eggs one by one (the beating process does not stop). Sour cream also needs to be taken out of the refrigerator an hour or two before the start of the cooking process so that it is at room temperature, then the process of extinguishing soda with lactic acid will start. When bubbles begin to appear in the mass (this will indicate that the soda has reacted with the whey), gradually inject the flour and beat the mixture, and then carefully combine it with the first part of the dough (oil-egg).
- Now you can start baking cakes. Divide the dough into 7-9 equal parts. Roll out the first, bake in the oven until pale golden. Put it in the form, promazhte cream. Also do the rest of the cakes.
- Now shape the cake by cutting off the extra edges with a knife.And then send it in the fridge for a few hours or better at night so that it is well soaked and frozen.
- The top can be decorated with grated chocolate or cream.
How to cook "Mikado" with nuts? To do this, prepare:
For sponge cake:
- 2 cups of flour;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 1 egg;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- half a cup of walnuts.
- 50 grams of butter;
- a third cup of milk;
- half a glass of sugar;
- tablespoon of cocoa.
- Mix the softened butter with sugar, then add the egg and flour. Beat everything until a homogeneous mass. Nuts need to be cleaned and chopped, and almost into powder or slightly larger. To do this, you can use a blender or coffee grinder. Add the nuts in the dough, whisk everything again.
- Now spread the dough into a baking dish, making it with parchment (soak it in butter). Bake a sponge cake at 220 degrees for about 30-40 minutes to achieve a golden color. Cut the slightly cooled cake layer into several pieces (you can bake the dough in portions, if you are afraid to cut the biscuit).
- Mix the milk with sugar and cocoa, cook the mixture on the fire until all the powdery components are completely dissolved. Now cool the composition slightly and add oil to it.
- Smear the cakes with cream. You can decorate the cake with nuts.
In general, such a recipe is not similar to traditional, but it is found in some sources, and dessert is also called "Mikado".
A few recommendations:
- It is better to coat the cakes with hot ones. Firstly, they are better soaked. Secondly, the yolks that are present in the cream, will receive at least minimal heat treatment.
- The dough should be quite dense and smooth, so that the amount of flour varies depending on the consistency of sour cream. It may need more or, conversely, less.
- You can bake several cakes at the same time on different baking trays and oven levels. But in this case, they can bake unevenly, so you may have to turn them over, and this is not easy. But you will save time.
- If you do not have time or forgot to get sour cream on time, you can turn off the soda in any other way, such as boiling water or lemon juice.
- You can use another cream, for example, custard. But still the proposed option is optimal.
- You can use nuts, bananas, cocoa or coconut chips for decoration, everything will depend on your imagination and tastes.
Be sure to take note of this recipe and more often delight the household or guests with such a delicious and sweet cake!
Is cancer inherited
Elizabeth Hurley criticized for too frank outfit
How to determine the area of the room
Autumn forest: a picture in the technique of patchwork without a needle
How to apply retinoic ointment
Breakfast: 7 dietary mistakes
Reward badges are a great way to unite employees