Nitrous oxide: instructions for use, indications, price
Nitrous oxide is a colorless gas heavier than air. It is obtained by the reaction of heating dry ammonium nitrate or by heating sulfamic and nitric acids.
Produce 2 types of gas: food (medical), technical. Medical use for inhalation anesthesia. In the food industry, it is needed as a propellant (eg, in the production of whipped cream). In other industries, it is used as packaging gas and propellant.
In rocket engines, it is used as an oxidizing agent or as fuel for rocket engines. Nitrous oxide is also required to improve the performance of some internal combustion engines.
Action on the body
When inhaled, nitrous oxide interacts with the neuronal membranes and interferes with the normal transmission of nerve impulses to the central nervous system. The substance inhibits respiration, narrows peripheral vessels, increases intracranial pressure, causes an increase in pulse rate.
Gas has a high analgesic activity.For anesthesia, a mixture of nitrous oxide (80%) and oxygen (20%) is used. Small concentrations cause a feeling of intoxication, slight drowsiness. To achieve the desired effect, nitrous oxide is used with other anesthetic agents by inhalation and muscle relaxants.
In nitrogen medicine, nitrous oxide is used for the following cases:
- inhalation anesthesia with muscle relaxants, narcotic analgesics;
- general anesthesia for gynecological surgery;
- dentistry (treatment, tooth extraction in children and adults);
- pain relief labor (in the absence of the need for deep anesthesia, muscle relaxation);
- traumatic shock warnings;
- enhancing the effect (anesthetic, anesthesia) of other drugs;
- elimination of pain accompanying acute pancreatitis, coronary insufficiency, heart attack;
- deactivation of consciousness for the purpose of pain relief in front of some medical procedures.
Nitrous oxide can not be used in the following conditions / diseases:
- diseases of the nervous system;
- chronic alcoholism;
In pregnant women, the remedy is used in a small concentration and for a short time of 2-3 breaths.
Nitrous oxide is used for anesthesia using special equipment. Other anesthetics are included in the anesthesia. Anesthesia begins with the supply of a mixture containing dinitrogen oxide - 70-80%, oxygen - 20-30%.
If you need medical anesthesia to eliminate, prevent pain, the dose of gas according to the instructions should be 40-75%. With general anesthesia, the dose for rapid immersion will be 70-75%, a dose of 40-50% is used as a supportive. For anesthesia of labor, the gas dose is 40-75%, for deactivating consciousness before the medical procedure - 25-50%.
The evolution of the IKEA catalog from 1951 to 2000 shows how much has changed
Patterns of chair covers
Fashionable Manicure 2014
Simple designer lamp
Here it is, 10 Perm citizens who surprised in 2017
How to make toasts
What is lobotomy