Oatmeal cookies - a cozy delicacy for homemade breakfast
Everyone knows about the benefits of oatmeal for breakfast. Dishes from this cereal are well absorbed by the body, provide a feeling of satiety for a long time. You can take advantage of the experience of the inhabitants of Foggy Albion and prepare a classic porridge every morning. An alternative would be cooking homemade oatmeal cookies. This dish is distinguished by its simplicity in preparation and rich, bright taste.
Preparation for cooking
In order to prepare a tasty and healthy delicacy at home in the basic version, a minimum amount of products is required. First of all, you need to decide what to take - oatmeal or flakes? The selection will determine the basis of the future cookie. Depending on preferences, the culinary specialist uses:
- Large oatmeal.
- Instant cereals, which are filled with boiling water.
- Oatmeal, crushed in a mortar or coffee grinder.
Gluten contained in this cereal, allows you to refuse additional binders: eggs or wheat flour.
Different types of sweeteners are also used. In this capacity applies:
- Sweet dried fruits.
The third essential ingredient is water or milk. Supporters of a healthy lifestyle and dietary nutrition for the test choose oat jelly. To make butter treats, you will need butter, vegetable oils can be an alternative. The variety of recipes allows you to cook dessert at all without adding fats.
You can knead the dough in any deep dish by hand or using a food processor or mixer. There are no special requirements for the temperature of the products. They can take their fridge.
Calorie oatmeal cookies
Calorie classic cookies is about 450 kcal per 100 grams. Planning to reduce this figure, the housewives exclude from the recipe butter, sugar, a large number of eggs. A recipe with a minimum amount of ingredients will allow you to bake a dietary option with an index of 150-170 kcal per 100 grams.Reducing calorie content will also help the use of silicone forms that do not need to be greased with fat before laying out the dough.
Oatmeal Cookies - A Classic Recipe
- Oatmeal or flakes - 300 g
- Wheat flour - 200 g
- Sugar - 170 g
- Butter - 250 g.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Baking Powder - 1 sachet.
- For a treat, the taste of which is familiar to everyone from childhood, you need to mix oatmeal or flakes with wheat flour.
- In the resulting composition, gently pour the mixture obtained by mixing a whisk of granulated sugar, softened butter, chicken eggs and a bag of baking powder. As baking powder suitable baking soda, quenched with lemon juice or vinegar.
- The dough stands in a cold place for about an hour and a half or two hours.
- After that, with his wet hands, flat circles are formed, which are spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake the sweetness in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, about 15-20 minutes.
Recipe for Hercules and Banana
Taste and satiety will surprise households during the morning meal oatmeal cookies with a banana.It can be baked, based on the classic recipe or using the lean version.
To get treats, 1-2 bananas are added to the resulting dough, peeled and mashed with a fork or blender. Bake, like regular cookies, in the oven for about 20 minutes.
How to cook lean oatmeal cookies
In the days of fasting or in the preparation of dietary dishes, you can bake lean option.
- Oatmeal flakes - 300 g.
- Wheat flour - 2-3 tablespoons.
- Sugar or honey - 30 g.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Water - 100 ml.
- The flakes are poured with boiling water and left in a closed container for 30 minutes. During this time they swell.
- In the mixture, add 2-3 teaspoons of sugar or honey, ½ teaspoon of salt, 2-3 tablespoons of flour, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 100 ml of water or other liquid. After kneading the mixture is left for a half to two hours.
- Flat cakes form with wet hands and spread on a baking sheet. They bake for about half an hour at an average temperature (160-180 degrees) in an oven.
Interesting and original recipes
The classic recipe for rich or lean homemade oatmeal cookies is convenient for you to literally change the taste of the delicacy every morning.It can include different products, and at its discretion to choose the composition and nutritional value.
Without flour, on the rump
Oatmeal is convenient in cooking without the use of flour. It has sufficient viscosity to form cookies only due to its composition.
For baking, only oatmeal or a mixture of flakes and oatmeal flour is used in equal proportions. The remaining components remain familiar. If the dough is too liquid, it can be spread over a baking tray with a tablespoon.
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Favorite delicacy of children and all family members, when “you will lick fingers”, is a cookie with chocolate. For its preparation, add 50 grams of cocoa powder or a bar of chopped chocolate to the base dough.
- Flakes or flour - 300 g
- Kefir - 150-200 ml.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar or honey - 80-100 g.
- Get diet option can be using kefir. In this case, the flakes or oatmeal is poured with kefir for 12 hours and left to swell.
- 2 eggs are hammered into the mixture, 80-100 grams of sugar or honey are added.
- It is better to leave it to dissolve for several hours.
- Spread dough on a baking tray with wet hands or a spoon. Bake about 20 minutes.
The benefits and harm of oatmeal cookies
Use when baking homemade oatmeal baking makes the dishes healthy and less high-calorie than the option only on wheat flour. Advantages of composition:
- In oatmeal, even after heat treatment, a large percentage of B vitamins is retained.
- The fiber structure is useful for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
- Biscuit fibers contribute to the increase of intestinal peristalsis.
With moderate use, such a dessert only benefits. However, the classic version can be dangerous for people suffering from overweight due to high calorie content. In this case, you can use the dish without butter. The structure and taste are almost completely preserved when choosing only dietary products. For example, kefir or water.
Experienced chefs recommend adhering to the following rules.
- Be sure to dissolve the dough for at least one to two hours in a cold place. Better to leave for the night. In this case, the oats absorb moisture and give the maximum amount of nutrients.
- When making dough from grits, it is better to choose oat flakes, in which the components of the grain are the most preserved.
- Cookies are baked in the oven at a temperature of about 180 degrees.To keep it soft, the temperature should be lowered 10 minutes before readiness.
- Shaped cookies are laid on a baking sheet with wet hands.
- It is better to store the finished product in a paper bag or a tight-fitting wooden bread box. So it preserves texture better.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that oatmeal cookies are a versatile delicacy. With its preparation even the beginning hostess will cope. The cost of the finished product will be pleasantly surprised by efficiency. Such a tasty, satisfying and useful dessert is equally appropriate for family members for breakfast or as a festive treat for guests.
How to stretch shoes at home
Eastern horoscope for 2019
How to organize tax accounting
Spacious Apartment in Beijing
What is crypto
Be attentive to others
Fashionable Manicure 2014