Original dishes from beef udder
Beef is highly valued for its beneficial properties and is widely used in cooking. But not all parts of the carcass are popular. So, beef udder is rarely used, but in vain: from it you can cook a lot of delicious dishes.
Why exactly beef udder?
Why pay attention to beef udder? Firstly, it has a pleasant sweetish taste, vaguely reminiscent of milk (not surprising, because this organ is used to make and feed calves). Secondly, this part has a delicate pleasant texture and has no hard fibers and streaks. Thirdly, the cow's udder is easily and completely absorbed by the body, without loading the gastrointestinal tract. And finally, fourthly, this part of the carcass has useful properties.
The benefits of beef udder are as follows:
- First of all, it is a full-fledged source of protein, necessary for the formation of new healthy cells, as well as for maintaining the normal functioning of muscle tissue.
- Since the composition includes iron, beef udder is useful for preventing anemia and for normalizing the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
- Potassium, contained in this part of the carcass in sufficient quantities, helps strengthen the heart muscle and prevents the development of myocardial infarction.
- Also in the udder you can find vitamins of group B, taking part in many metabolic processes and normalizing the functioning of the nervous system.
- Phosphorus is very useful for the brain and increases its activity, improving mental abilities.
- Iodine can be found in the composition, and it is known to be necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Vitamin PP strengthens blood vessels, normalizes the course of oxidation-reduction reactions, and also helps to reduce the level of "bad" cholesterol.
It is worth noting that beef udder is quite a fatty product, because the fat content in it reaches 13-14 grams. Caloric content is about 180 calories.
Beef Udder Preparation
Preparing the beef udder is as follows:
- First, rinse the meat in running warm water to remove milk residues and possible contamination.
- Next, it is recommended to soak the udder in cool water to completely remove the specific smell of milk that may be present in the finished dish and interrupt the flavors of other components. Leave the pulp to soak for three to four hours.
- Now it is desirable to boil the udder, and this preparatory stage is present in most recipes. How to cook such a product? It all depends on the age of the cow and the size of the pieces. The older the animal and the longer the “milk yield”, the more tender the meat and, accordingly, the faster it is cooked. The average duration of cooking is 1.5 hours. Remove the formed foam regularly (you can change the water once or twice, then there will definitely not be any smell).
- Then you can start cooking the selected dish.
What to cook?
There are a variety of recipes for cooking delicious dishes from the beef udder, and some of them will be discussed below.
The recipe is the first
From the udder, you can make a delicious fried schnitzel. You will need:
- 0.5 kg beef udder;
- onion head;
- two art. l. flour;
- two art. l. breadcrumbs;
- oil or fat for frying;
- ground black pepper and other seasonings to your taste.
- First you need to prepare the udder: rinse it thoroughly, immerse it in cold water for two or three hours, and then boil it for a couple of hours, removing the resulting foam.
- Next, cut the boiled udder into fairly large slices, resembling steaks, each rub with pepper and salt. Place flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs in separate bowls.
- Pour a sufficient amount of oil into the pan (do not regret it), warm it up.
- Roll each udder slice in flour, then dip it into the egg mixture, then dip it in breadcrumbs and fry until it is completely cooked, which can be determined by an appetizing crust.
From the udder, you can cook a hearty, nutritious and delicious soup, or rather a hodgepodge.
The list of ingredients is:
- 300-400 g of udder;
- 400 g smoked pork ribs;
- onion head;
- medium-sized pickles;
- 100 grams of olives or olives;
- two art. l. tomato paste;
- two art. l. sunflower or olive oil;
- ground pepper;
- First you need to cook the udder until complete readiness. Drain the water, it will no longer be required.
- Cooked and ready udder cut, for example, into strips or cubes. Split the ribs into individual bones (you can chop them if you wish).
- Pour a new clean water into the pan, submerge smoked ribs in it, as well as chopped beef udder.
- While the broth is not boiling, you can do zazharkoy. Carrot clean, rub. Finely shred onions after peeling. Warm up the butter in a skillet, fry the carrot and onion until golden, then add the salted cucumber, pre-cut into cubes. After two or three minutes, turn off the fire.
- Boil the boiled broth with meat for ten minutes, then add the roast. After five minutes, immerse the olives in a saucepan, and after another two minutes, salt and pepper the saltwort. Cook a little more, cover with a lid and leave to infuse.
Enumerating delicious dishes, you can not ignore the goulash from the udder with the addition of beans.
These ingredients will be needed:
- 0,5-0,6 kg of beef udder;
- onion head;
- a glass or a half of a string bean;
- 30-40 ml of vegetable oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- pinch of ground paprika;
- a couple of art. l. tomato paste;
- fennel greens (or any other);
Description of preparation:
- First, of course, you need to boil the udder to readiness (pre-soak it for at least an hour in cold water).Drain the broth once, and leave the second one; it will still come in handy.
- Beans are also preferably pre-soak, and better at night. Next, until ready, cook it.
- Peel the onions, cut them in thin half-rings or in small cubes. Carrots after washing and cleaning rub on a medium grater.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom or in another similar deep enough container, heat the vegetable oil, fry the carrot with onions almost to readiness.
- Udder cut into small cubes, together with the beans, immerse it in a pan with roasted vegetables. Pour in some broth remaining after cooking (the amount will depend on the desired thickness of the goulash), and also immediately add the tomato paste, which can be replaced with regular ketchup.
- Tom components for ten minutes, at this time, wash and chop the greens with a knife. Then add salt, chopped greens and paprika to the pan.
- Under the cover simmer the goulash for fifteen minutes, then turn off the fire and let the dish brew a little more.
- Goulash is ready and it will replace the hot dish and side dish.
If you have never bought or cooked a beef udder, by all means do it: this product can make delicious dishes.
Secrets of organizing an interesting party in the style of the 90s
What is interesting can be prepared from plums
We knit socks with Owl pattern
Soft plastic bottle stool
New Annihilation trailer released with Natalie Portman
A simple DIY hanger
Do-it-yourself flower bezel: master class with step by step photo
Kylie Jenner hired an assistant to care for her newborn daughter