Properties and application of the essential oil of ylang-ylang
Essential oils are used for a long time, so many have already managed to verify their effectiveness. And each of them has its own unique properties. For example, ylang-ylang oil will help to relax. But this is not its only feature.
What it is?
Ylang-ylang essential oil is obtained from the flowers of the Kanang tree fragrant, another name for which is Ylang-ylang. There is such a plant in the Philippines, Indonesia, as well as in the tropics of Southeast Asia.
Yellow flowers with long petals, have a sweet aroma, reminiscent of patchouli or jasmine. The oil itself, obtained from flowers, is a virtually transparent viscous liquid with a pronounced sweet aroma.
What does this oil contain?
The composition of ylang-ylang oil includes many useful substances: vitamins of group B, PP, E, various organic acids, esters, aldehydes, and so on.
Useful properties of essential oil of ylang-ylang:
- This is an excellent anti-depressant that helps to cope with apathy and improve mood. Also, this tool increases stress resistance and helps to relax when necessary.
- Oil can be used for sleep problems such as insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, nightmares, and so on.
- Such a tool helps to normalize the level of blood pressure.
- Ylang-ylang has an antispasmodic effect, so it quickly eliminates headaches and any other pain associated with spasms (for example, menstrual cramps).
- Ylang-ylang oil will help improve brain activity. Especially positively it influences memory, logical thinking, and also imagination.
- It is an effective aphrodisiac that increases sexual desire and markedly increases sexual activity in both women and men.
- When applied topically, the oil can be used to accelerate wound healing, as well as insect bites.
- This remedy is especially useful for women of balsac age, as it facilitates the climacteric period and helps to normalize the hormonal background.
- Oil has a number of cosmetic properties.It is suitable for all types of hair and skin and has an effect in several directions at once: perfectly cleans, eliminates inflammation, normalizes the functioning of sebaceous glands, strengthens tissues and improves their tone, accelerates regeneration and promotes the rapid restoration of skin, restores nail cuticle and hair shafts, promotes rejuvenation and provides nutrition and hydration. This tool will help strengthen nails and hair, eliminate the first signs of aging, get rid of acne and stretch marks, as well as make the skin fresh and beautiful.
How to use?
The use of essential oil of ylang-ylang is very, very wide. Let us dwell on the main areas.
Methods of use:
- Oil can be added to any cosmetic products: shampoos, shower gels, masks, conditioners, creams, gels for washing, lotions and so on. But you should use only safe and natural formulations. For one portion, 5 drops is enough.
- Ylang-ylang oil can be included in a variety of masks, both for hair, face and hands. It can be mixed with other essential oils or used alone, dissolving in any base oil.
- You can put a few drops of essential oil on a comb and comb your hair after washing.
- Add 5-10 drops of oil to the water while washing.
- If you want to eliminate the itch after a bite, you can dissolve a few drops of the agent in olive oil and smear the damaged area.
- You can add 10 or 15 drops of oil to the massage oil to make the procedure even more pleasant and effective.
- In case of acne, moisten a cotton pad in vodka or in alcohol lotion, put 5-10 drops of oil on it and wipe problem areas. Perform the procedure at bedtime and in the morning.
Put two drops of butter in a teaspoon of honey, eat everything and drink tea with lemon, juice or kefir.
How to apply aromatherapy oil?
- First, you can use an aromatic lamp, adding to it about 10 drops of oil. The duration of the session can be 30-60 minutes. This procedure will help you fall asleep faster, relax and improve your mood.
- Secondly, you can use the tool in the form of compresses. Dampen the cloth several times in warm water, put 15-20 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil on it and put it on your head during migraine or on the lower abdomen during menstrual pain.
- Thirdly, you can add oil to the water when taking a bath.
- Fourthly, you can put a saucer with water in the room by adding 10-20 drops of oil to it.
- Fifthly, you can spray water with oil around the room before bedtime.
Contraindications to the use of ylang-ylang oil:
- It is not recommended to use oil during pregnancy, as well as during lactation.
- You should not risk with individual intolerance.
- Contraindications include bronchial asthma.
- Oil must not be used by children under three years old.
With proper use, side effects are extremely rare, but still some of them are possible:
- During aromatherapy or inhalation of aroma oils, dizziness, nausea, weakness may occur.
- With external application, there is a risk of developing an allergic reaction, which can manifest as a rash, itching, redness, burning.
Reviews prove the effectiveness of the tool, especially when used for cosmetic purposes. But it is not suitable for everyone.
A few recommendations:
- It is important to choose the right oil, as the effect will be noticeable only in the case of high quality of such a product.It is best to buy the oil of the first and certainly cold-pressed, since all useful substances are stored in it. If you plan to use such a tool only for external use, then it makes sense to purchase a special cosmetic designed for such purposes. If you plan to take the oil inside, then get the usual.
- It is better to buy the tool in a pharmacy or in a specialty store.
- Do not use oil continuously and continuously for more than two or three weeks.
- If any discomfort occurs, discontinue use immediately.
- Allergy test before use. To do this, apply a small amount of oil on your wrist or elbow and follow the reaction throughout the day. If there is redness, burning and itching, use the remedy is not worth it.
- Do not use pure oil. Be sure to dilute it with any base oil, for example, olive, almond, linseed.
- Avoid getting oil in your eyes.
- Do not exceed the specified dosage, it can lead to the development of side effects.
Sidewalk tile - irreplaceable material
DIY gift wrapping: master class
Pasta with eggplants
How to choose a haircut for an elongated face
How to increase the amount of hair
Candlestick from glass