Pros and cons of white kitchen
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms, because culinary masterpieces are happening in it and all family members, and sometimes guests, gather at the common table. Therefore, I want this room to be cozy, stylish and original. It will help to realize the planned white color. But it has not only advantages, but also some nuances.
The advantages and disadvantages of white
First, consider all the advantages of white color used for kitchen decoration:
- White is able to expand the boundaries of space and thus make the room more spacious, light and airy. And if the kitchen area is small, then this gamma will be the best solution and will eliminate the main drawback.
- This color will make the kitchen bright, even if the window in it is small or goes to the side that is not sufficiently illuminated and deprived of sunlight.
- White can be safely considered universal, as it is combined with any tones, which will allow you to use your favorite colors and experiment with them.In addition, you can afford even bright shades, as they will be smoothed by neutral white, which will make them less flashy and "acidic".
- The kitchen looks incredibly stylish and fresh, which is clearly visible even in the photo.
- The universality of this color lies also in the fact that it can harmoniously fit in a variety of stylistic directions: both modern and bright, and more restrained and calm.
- A wide range of. Practically all manufacturers of finishing materials, equipment and furniture produce a lot of models, aged in white, so that you will definitely have something to choose from.
- Many consider the white kitchen to be extremely impractical, and in part this is true. But on the light surfaces are imperceptible fingerprints and dust.
Now we estimate the cons:
- If the white scale is basic, not diluted by other tones, then there may be a sense of hospital sterility that will make the kitchen uncomfortable and create not the most pleasant impressions of its interior.
- Food residues and other contaminants immediately become noticeable on white materials, and if they are eaten up, the surface loses its original purity and appeal.
- White kitchen requires special care, which is designed to maintain the attractive whiteness of surfaces. And if you do not take care of the interior elements properly, then the materials may turn yellow with time, which will spoil the overall design.
What style to choose?
White is a universal color, so it will fit into most existing styles. We offer several win-win options:
- Provence. The main gamut of this romantic style can be white, and it is allowed and recommended to be diluted with pastel colors, for example, light lavender, sky blue. Also, techniques such as crackle and decoupage are used to maintain the theme.
- Choosing a milky color, you can create a calm and cute interior in the style of country. Its main features are simple wooden furniture, polka dot textiles or a small flower, kitchen utensils for display.
- White kitchen will take its rightful place in the interior of the apartment, decorated in a high-tech and modern high-tech style, which involves the inclusion of silver tones, chrome-plated elements, glossy surfaces.And all the equipment must be modern and multi-functional.
- Neutral white fits perfectly into laconic minimalism, emphasizing its immediacy and the absence of unnecessary details.
- If you place some bright accents on a white background and add creative elements to the interior, you can get an original youth kitchen in the style of pop art.
- Elegant classics will acquire a special elegance and charm due to the pure white color that emphasizes the impeccable taste of the kitchen owner.
- The Scandinavian direction also welcomes the white gamut, and it can safely be taken as a basis. But it certainly needs to be diluted with contrasting woody or chocolate shades, which will especially organically look on simple wooden furniture.
Dilute white with other tones
To the interior of a house or apartment was not boring, the white background of the kitchen must be diluted with other tones. And their choice will depend on your tasks, preferences and style chosen for registration. So, if you plan to create a romantic and relaxed atmosphere, then use pastel shades, for example, peach, lilac, pale pink, light yellow.For these purposes, you can also use natural tones, for example, sand, muted olive, sky blue.
Those who dream of a stylish, youthful and bright interior should pay attention to more saturated and juicy tones, such as mint, red, orange, yellow, lime, blue. You can also play in contrast, but make it discreet and elegant, choosing noble colors: chocolate, dark blue, emerald, burgundy, purple.
Furnishing and selection of kitchen appliances
Furniture can be absolutely any. So, organically, a classic wooden, modern and stylish plastic or somewhat brutal metal will fit into the white kitchen. In white, almost any material looks harmonious, so the choice is not limited. As for the color, it is not necessary to maintain the main range: you can make the furniture dark or bright.
The color of technology is also important, because it is an integral part of the kitchen. There are several options: neutral white, softer milky or beige, contrasting black or brown, stylish silver or metal, standing out against the general background bright, for example, red, blue or any other.
Finally it is worth giving some advice to beginning designers and amateurs:
- For finishing you can use a variety of materials, and all planes can be white, although they can be diluted with other colors.
- Try playing and experimenting with textures. So, the glossy tabletop can be surprisingly interesting to combine with a matte kitchen set.
- Freshness and originality in the interior will make creative and bright accessories, such as paintings, unusual kitchen utensils.
- Try playing with different shades of white.
Having studied all the nuances and rules of the white kitchen, you can create a modern and stylish interior.
Hugh Jackman shared the secret of a happy family life
How to reduce losses in 2017
What is a curve
How to organize an oriental-style tea party
36 of the most beautiful bonsai trees
Proper Skin Care
How to find out what wood I have