Simple recipes for delicious Thai soups
Thai cuisine and, in particular, soups are characterized by a combination of all the available taste palette: sour, bitter, sweet and spicy. It is this flavor explosion combined with useful ingredients that are the main secrets of the growing popularity of Thai dishes far beyond their homeland. Now you can join the army of lovers of this national cuisine not only in expensive restaurants, but also at home, preparing yourself a delicious, nutritious and healthy soup.
Without any ingredients, Thai entrees are unthinkable?
The main components of almost every soup are:
- Seafood, especially shrimp. They not only give a unique taste to the dish, but also act as the most valuable source of protein with the minimum number of calories.
- Coconut milk - a storehouse of a large number of nutrients. It normalizes the work of the kidneys, perfectly quenches thirst and even helps to bring down the increased body temperature. One of its valuable characteristics is its low calorie content, which makes it possible for people on a diet to consume and keep track of their weight.
- Spices - coriander, anise, ginger, galangal - reduce blood sugar and improve digestive processes.
- Rice noodles - a source of complex carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins of group B. The lack of hard to digestible fiber makes this product especially useful for the elderly and children.
Thanks to these ingredients, the national dishes of Thais are gaining popularity among healthy food lovers who are watching their figure.
From theory to practice
The traditional Thai first dish, giving a complete picture of the flavor nuances of this cuisine, is Tom Yam, the main component of which are shrimp.
To make it you will need:
- 300 grams of king prawns;
- 2 onions;
- 3 medium sized tomatoes;
- 350 grams of champignons;
- 400 ml of coconut milk;
- two limes;
- 2 chili peppers;
- chili paste - two teaspoons;
- 3 tsp. fish sauce;
- three stalks of lemongrass;
- galangal root;
- one karakay.
Slice the lemongrass into medium-sized pieces and beat them with the knife handle for a larger flavor. Pour into a saucepan of 1.3 liters of water and place in it cut thin plates galangal, lemongrass and a couple of spoons of fish sauce.Wait for the boil, and then boil for no more than 5 minutes.
Add slices of tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, chili paste and, stirring, cook for another 10 minutes. Shrimp, pre-boiled in salted boiling water, clean and put in the soup. Send the juice of one of the limes and its leaves here. Reduce heat and boil the mixture for 7 minutes.
Pour the remaining fish sauce and coconut milk. Wait for the boil again and immediately remove the soup from the stove. Decorate the dish with chilli with greens. Instead of bread, boiled rice is traditionally served.
Coconut Milk and Chicken Soup
- 150 ml of coconut milk;
- 200 grams of chicken fillet;
- ginger root;
- stalk of lemongrass;
- lime leaves;
- one clove of garlic;
- fish sauce - two teaspoons;
- half a tablespoon of starch, better corn;
- cilantro and green onions.
How to cook this dish with chicken and coconut milk? For this we need:
- Boil water and dip chicken fillet in it, boil it for 15 minutes. Remove from the plate and leave the meat to stand for an hour. Remove the fillet and sort into slices, and filter the broth.
- Crush garlic with ginger. Chilli cut into four parts.If you are a fan of a sharp enough taste, you should leave a few seeds. In Lemongrass cut off the top, taking about 5 cm lower part, and slightly repel the stems.
- Add ginger, lime leaves, fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass and chilli to the broth. Wait for the start of the boil, reduce the heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour coconut milk and warm again until boiling.
- Dilute the starch with cold water, and, stirring constantly, pour it into the soup. Boil for a couple of minutes until the dish begins to thicken slightly.
- Add chicken pieces, greens and lime cups.
Serve immediately, pouring into pre-heated plates.
This is a recipe for an incredibly delicious thick seafood soup. Take the time and money to buy all the necessary ingredients and surprise your loved ones with the extraordinary taste of this hearty first course.
You will need:
- 400 ml chicken broth;
- two squid;
- 12 pieces of large mussels and king prawns;
- 150 grams of champignons and rice noodles, preferably wide;
- 400 grams of canned tomatoes;
- fish sauce - two tablespoons;
- rice vinegar - three tablespoons;
- two garlic cloves;
- one onion;
- cilantro and spring onions;
- one stem of lemongrass;
- 10 grams of sugar;
- olive oil.
To make this Thai soup you must:
- Clear seafood: shrimps remove shell with head and intestinal vein, in squid - chitinous plate with entrails. Last cut into rings.
- For a quarter of an hour pour boiling water over rice noodles and drain in a colander.
- Stem lemongrass beat off with a knife and cut into small pieces. Add lime zest to them and blend everything in a blender to a paste. Chop chili, onions, coriander and garlic. Squeeze juice from lime pulp.
- In a saucepan with a wide bottom, heat the butter and spasserate the garlic, onion and pepper for 5 minutes. Pour in coconut milk, broth and the remaining tomato juice. Add whipped lemon paste, fish sauce and sugar. Wait for the boil and, reducing the heat, put half the cilantro. Boil another 10 minutes.
- Put the diced mushroom and tomato cubes and heat to boiling again.
- Add rice noodles, mussels and shrimp, boiling for a couple of minutes. Then pour lime juice and put squid rings. Preheat the dish for a couple of minutes. Salt and quickly remove from heat.
- Pour into plates, sprinkle with the remaining coriander.
Cold Coconut and Avocado Soup
Despite its calorie content, avocados are often recommended by dietitians because of the presence of unsaturated fatty acids and beneficial vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for weight loss. Therefore, this first dish will not only give you an unforgettable taste, but will also become a faithful assistant in the fight for a slim figure.
- 400 ml vegetable broth;
- 150 ml of coconut milk;
- two medium avocados;
- juice of half a small lemon;
- one teaspoon of sugar;
- one garlic clove;
- 20 ml of olive oil;
- green onions and cilantro;
Stages of preparation:
- Greens with chili finely chopped. Mash the garlic.
- Cut the avocado and, removing the bone, get the flesh. Beat it in a blender, adding herbs, broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, chili and olive oil.
- Stir the mixture until smooth and pepper and salt and send to the refrigerator for at least an hour.
As you can see, the most difficult thing in cooking Thai soup is to collect the necessary grocery basket. Although in the conditions of a huge choice in supermarkets it is not so difficult.Cooking does not take much time and effort. And the resulting dishes will take a worthy place on your table, delighting you with an unusual taste and great benefits for the body and body.
Emily Blunt has given birth to her second child
Secrets of cooking real soup
Making arrows for bows
No extra cost: how to make a home cozy
How to cook beef tongue in the pan: a recipe with photos
Church holiday November 2
Happiness is ... How to become a happy person
What to put on the cheese to make it tasty