Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 275 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 182 mg | Sodium: 329 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 39 g | SmartPoints: 6
- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour, optional corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Combine broth, juice, flour and cumin, stirring with a whisk. Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Top with olives and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours. Add lemon slices as a garnish to serve, if using.
Video: Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
11 Phone Numbers Every Woman Should Have On Speed Dial
All the Ways Champagne Is Good for You
8 Styling Mistakes That Are Making You Lose Your Hair
Jenna Lyons Latest Career Advice is Definitely Not Traditional
How to Stop Your Mom from Snooping in Your Room
How to Write a Human Resource Manual
Minissha Lamba admires Bipasha Basu for her fit body
How to Clean Headlights
How to Organize Your Locker in Middle School (Girls)
First Look: The 100 Coin That Will No Doubt Sell Out
How to Reduce Howling in Older Dogs
Ruby Rose’s Rockin’ Hairstyles