High Blood Pressure – Take Control
Suffering from high blood pressure? Know your risk factors!
- Salt and alcohol intake can cause a spike in blood pressure levels.
- Men are at higher risk of developing hypertension as compared to females.
- Maintain a healthy weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle to lower the risk.
Hypertension has become a common problem worldwide. High blood pressure can do immense harm to your body like it increases the risk of , kidney disease and stroke.
Several studies suggest that the rates of hypertension have increased substantially in India over the past few decades. Essential hypertension is the most commpn type of . It is called essential as the cause of their hypertension is unknown. All adults are at risk of developing hypertension. But certain factors increase your risk of developing high blood pressure.
Some of these factors can be modified where as some others cannot be controlled like
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Men are at higher risk of developing hypertension as compared to females
- Risk of hypertension is increased in male over the age of 45 and female over the age of 55.
Certain risk factors for hypertension can be controlled like
- Body weight or body mass index: Obese people have higher risk of developing hypertension
- Physical activity: Increase in physical activity decreases high blood pressure
- Intake of salt and sodium, or alcohol
- Prehypertension: You have prehypertension if your systolic blood pressure is between 120-139 mmHg and diastolic BP is between 80-89 mmHg. It shows that you are at higher risk of developing hypertension. Lifestyle modifications can prevent or delay the disease from developing.
You can lower your risk of hypertension or control high blood pressure by maintaining a and adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Video: Clutch's Unusually High Blood Pressure!
U.S. in Top 10 for Premature Births
Self-Care Spotlight: Give Yourself A Rub-Down With This Easy, DIY Massage Oil
How to Grow out Short Hair
The Food That Can Fight Hearing Loss
Anti-inflammatory trail mix
Brazilian Blowout: Before and After
Nemos Garden is an underwater greenhouse
I Need To (Gently) Get My Daughter Out Of My Bed
How to Travel Around New Zealand With Less Money and More Fun
These Good-Looking Sneakers Will Definitely Motivate You to WorkOut