The food of the gods - the perfect cake for your holiday
According to ancient Greek myths, the supreme deities who dwelt on Olympus ate special food of the gods - ambrosia, which consisted of a magical honey nectar with nuts, mixed herbs and wine. Delicacy was not available to mere mortals. However, today a delicious confectionary masterpiece with a similar name will allow you to experience and appreciate the taste of divine delicacies.
If you want to surprise your guests and please the family with an unusual dessert, then choose the cake "Food of the Gods". The homeland of the magnificent food is France. The cooks tried to combine centuries-old traditions in baking (using only natural ingredients) and modern elegance in ornaments.
In addition, the dessert has one significant advantage, its preparation at home does not take much time and money. Spending a minimum of food and minutes, as a result you get a delicious dish.
Delicacy, consisting of biscuit cakes soaked in butter cream, has gained popularity among experienced housewives who know how to make delicious pastries for tea, and world-class pastry chefs who know desserts. And young hostesses who do not have a huge culinary experience behind them, will be pleased with their simplicity at first glance, a complicated recipe.
Secrets and features of divine baking
- If you want to diversify the taste of the cake and give it a sweet note, put it in the dough along with cashew walnuts.
- To make the cake taste more saturated, you can add sunflower seeds or sesame seeds during the cooking process.
- Sift the flour, it will saturate it with oxygen and give splendor to the finished dish.
- If you take walnuts for cooking, do not forget to dry them in the oven or in a frying pan before using them, and then peel them. In this way, extra bitterness will be removed, and the finished product will have a pleasant nutty flavor.
- To save cooking time, you can start making cream while you bake cakes.Although some housewives prefer to do everything gradually and prepare the cream at the very end.
- Butter will be easier to mix with condensed milk, if you preheat it to room temperature. To do this, before cooking, remove it from the refrigerator and leave it for thirty minutes on the table. To melt it faster, you can cut it into pieces.
- If you want to get a richer taste of baking, then you should boil condensed milk prepared for cream.
- Love desserts with a slight sourness, then you can diversify the recipe by putting a tablespoon of tangerine, cherry or orange jam in condensed milk.
- Use for decorating confectionery decorations and details, nuts, raisins, powdered sugar, grated chocolate, dried fruits, cocktail cherries, baked apples.
What is needed for cooking?
For the test:
- wheat flour - 2 glasses;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 1 cup;
- sour cream - 150 grams;
- soda - pinch;
- Nuts - 1 glass (you can take any depending on your preferences).
- condensed milk - 1 bank;
- butter - 200 grams;
- cocoa powder - 3 tsp;
- Vanillin - 1 bag.
- Beat eggs with sugar. You can do this with a whisk or a mixer. Remember that sand must be poured gradually as it dissolves, then the process will go faster.
- Grind half a glass of nuts with a knife, garlic or blender and add them with sour cream into the egg-sugar mixture. Stir all of these ingredients thoroughly.
- Put a pinch of soda in the flour and add to the mixture in small portions.
- Leave the dough for a few minutes, covering the bowl with a towel or lid. Let it come.
- Grease a baking dish with butter or vegetable oil.
- Put the brew in the form and put in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees for thirty to forty minutes.
- To make sure the test is ready, try to punch it with a toothpick, a wooden stick or a match. If it remains clean and dry, then everything is well baked and you can get out of the oven.
- Remove the baking dish and cool the biscuit. When it cools completely, cut it in two. One should be more than the other by about a quarter. If the edges are uneven, do not be discouraged, just trim them using a wide, sharp knife.
- Trim and smaller breadcrumbs break or cut into small pieces.
- Proceed to making the cream.Mix melted butter in a blender with condensed milk.
- In small portions, constantly stirring the mixture, add cocoa powder and vanillin.
- Shake the rest of the chopped nuts with cream.
- Beat with a spoon or mixer the resulting mass to a creamy state.
- Put the cake in a deep bowl or in a form with high sides and spread the resulting butter cream.
- Mix the crumb and trim with the remaining cream in such a way that a uniform consistency is obtained.
- Put the creamy mass on the soaked cake layer, smooth it and put it in the fridge for two or three hours.
After your cake hardens, you can decorate and serve it to guests. Be sure that dessert will taste everything and be eaten in a matter of minutes.
New Year Card
Easy tile grouting method
Modern house in Poland
Michelle Obama believes that food at the White House tastes better than at Buckingham Palace
Choice of blinds
New Year's box
What is gluten and how is it dangerous