The most unexpected records of the World Cup - 2018
Our world championship, which we all have been waiting for, has come to an end: the strongest teams are left to play decisive matches in St. Petersburg and Moscow. However, this tournament will forever remain in the memory of the fans as held at the highest level (in terms of organization it is already called the best in history), and other high levels were also put on it.
For the first time in history...
1. The World Championship was held in Russia and Eastern Europe, as well as simultaneously in two parts of the world - Europe (Kaliningrad, St. Petersburg, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Kazan, Samara, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Sochi, Yekaterinburg) and Asia (Ekaterinburg).
2. All 210 national associations that make up FIFA took part in the qualifying stage of the tournament.
3. In the final stage of the tournament, a video help system for referees (VAR) was used, which had been tested on the home Confederations Cup in 2017.
4.The number of yellow cards received by the team decided the fate of the playoff trips. In Group H, the combined teams of Japan and Senegal scored the same number of points - four each with the same goal difference (4: 4). The result of a personal meeting (2: 2) also did not determine the winner. According to the last additional indicator - the fair play ratio, the Japanese team passed in 1/8 because its players received four yellow cards in the group stage and six players from the Senegal national team.
5. According to forecasts, the final match was watched on TV and listened to more than half of the world's population - more than 3.5 billion people.
For the first time in 32 years ...
1. In the third consecutive championship, the current world champion was unable to overcome the stage of the group stage. Germany squad ranked last in their group. At the 2014 World Championships, the Spanish national team did not come out of the group, and at the 2010 World Championships - the Italian national team.
2. Since after the end of the quarterfinal matches among the teams that claim to win, only the teams representing Europe remained, the current championship will be the fourth in a row in which the European team will win the championship (after Italy in 2006, Spain in 2010, Germany in 2014).
At the 2018 World Cup, he is 400 million dollars. The winner will get 38 million dollars. Our team will receive $ 16 million from FIFA: $ 8 million for participation, $ 4 million for leaving the group and the quarterfinal. But the encouragement from the state was envisaged only in the case of winning medals. The Russian Football Union has already decided how the prizes will be spent: about half the amount will pay for the preparation of the team for the tournament, and the remaining funds will be divided between the players and the coaching staff.
How do I get to the library?
Moscow Metro has compiled a list of the most popular and strangest questions that foreign fans ask volunteers. The most popular questions were “How to get to Red Square?” And “Where is Nikolskaya street?”, Summed up the vice-mayor of Moscow, head of the transport department Maxim Liksutov. Nikolskaya Street, we recall, has become an unofficial fan zone and the busiest street in the center of the capital, where fans from all over the world spent their days and nights. The guests of the capital also often asked how to get to the “station with dogs”, meaning “Ploshchad Revolutsii”.
The most unusual questions were “Where does Lenin sleep?”, “Will you marry me?”, “I have an unlimited ticket for a day, can I spend the night in the subway?”. Since the beginning of the 2018 World Cup, over 270 thousand foreign tourists and fans have turned to volunteers for help.
Football fans from around the world have purchased almost a million, or 55% of all tickets to the matches. Most of the fans came from the country that did not reach the final stage - the United States (about 80 thousand). 66 thousand fans came to us from Brazil, 60 thousand from Colombia, 55 thousand from Germany, 52 thousand from Mexico, 45 thousand from Argentina, 39 thousand from Peru, 37 thousand from China ., from Australia - 35 thousand, from England - 31 thousand. This is what the first ten foreign countries look like, from where they purchased most of the tickets for the 2018 World Cup.
797 thousand tickets have been sold to fans from Russia, given by the analytical agency TurStat.
And the main figure, which shows real audience interest in the World Cup, is 98% of the stadium occupancy rate. And these are no longer purchased tickets, but real viewers who came to the arena, went through the turnstiles and took their seats.
Each match is a huge emotional overload for any fan. Cooling down the passions fans helped mostly ... ice cream. And the Russian production.Gennady Yashin, Director General of the Russian Ice Cream Association, said that among the foreign fans of the 2018 World Cup, the Soviet classic, the ice cream in a waffle cup, is the most popular.
1. The most aged. The oldest coach of the world championship has become a coach of the Uruguay national team - 71-year-old Oscar Washington Tabares. He is also the only coach in history who managed to work with the same team in four world championships.
2. On this championship the oldest football player in the history has acted. This is the goalkeeper of the Egyptian national team Essam El-Hadari. At the time of the match with Saudi Arabia, he turned 45 years old and 161 days old. He broke the record for Colombian goalkeeper Farid Mondragon, who was 43 years old and 3 days old at the 2014 World Cup. Cristiano Ronaldo, meanwhile, became the oldest player to score three goals in one match. Hat-trick to the gate of Spain, he designed in 33 years and 131 days.
3. The fastest. In the same match, the captain of Portugal set another achievement. During the match with Spain, the striker in one of the episodes accelerated to a record 38.6 km / h. Cristiano broke the speed record not only for the championships, but also for all football competitions.And if so, he can only strive for the record of Usain Bolt: in 2009 the athlete reached a speed of 44 km / h and became the fastest man on earth.
4. The longest gear series. Never before in the history of the world championships have so many successful (that is, with scored balls) games in a row. The previous record in 27 matches was set 60 years ago. In this tournament, the series lasted up to 37 matches. Only a zero draw of France and Denmark interrupted her.
5. The largest number of gears. In the historic match of Spain and Russia, the players of the Red Fury made 1137 assists, of which 1029 are accurate - this is the largest number of shows in the entire history of the world championships. Ours in that game made 285 programs, of which 202 were accurate, but we all remember how that meeting ended.
6. Holiday on every street. In the entire history of the tournament there has not yet been such that absolutely all the participants scored at least two goals (even the debutant of the world championship of Panama). And that means, the holiday of football, held in Russia, really pleased at least a few of all fans from all countries.
1. Most own goals. Football players from around the world have distinguished themselves by the fact that they scored as many as 10 goals in their own net.
2. Most of the penalty.It happened not least due to the introduction of video assistants. The previous record was equal to 18 penalties: so many were appointed at once in three world championships - in 1990, 1998 and 2002. Before the start of the semi-finals, this figure reached 28 points from the point. And this is not counting, of course, the penalty shootout series, only in the game!
1. At the 2018 World Cup, the most goals were scored in one game day - 14. It happened in the group stage on June 24th. That day they met England - Panama (6: 1), Japan - Senegal (2: 2), Poland - Colombia (0: 3).
2. Croatia and Denmark scored each other at the very beginning of the match. First, the national team of Denmark scored in the 57th second, and after a little more than 2 minutes (in the 3rd minute, 37th second), Croatia equalized. Never in the history of the world championships has anyone so quickly scored two goals.
3. The latest goal in the history of the World Championships was scored by Neymar in the Brazilian mast against Costa Rica. He hit the opponent's goal in the 97th minute (96.48), which is 45 seconds later than the goal scored by Frenchman Maxim Bossis in 1982 in the ball against Kuwait.
And finally. The strangest achievement - lying Neymar
For four matches of the national team at the tournament, the Brazilian superstar spent a total of 13 minutes and 50 seconds on the lawn. And most of all he was in the game with Mexico: 5 minutes 30 seconds.Brazil then won and advanced to the quarter-finals.
My summer bait-favorites for pike season 2018
What is the value of
How to create a table
Stylish dripping manicure
10 things you need for a ski or snowboarding vacation
Hair mousse: why it is needed
How to build a sauna in the country
How to repair a plastic bumper