Orange Anise and Thyme Roasted Turkey
Nov 2, 2015
This classic Thanksgiving turkey recipe, which calls for fragrant fresh thyme, is sure to please everyone at the table.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 20
Total Time: 3 hours 45
sprig fresh thyme
2 tbsp. olive oil
3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Working on a baking sheet, remove the giblets and neck from the cavities. Reserve the neck and discard the giblets. Using paper towels, pat the turkey dry. Stuff the garlic, half the onions and 8 sprigs thyme into the main cavity.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine. Tuck the wing tips underneath the body (this will prevent them from burning). Rub the turkey with the oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place the turkey neck, carrots, celery, the remaining onions and thyme in a large roasting pan. Place a roasting rack in the pan and put the turkey on top of it.
- Roast the turkey until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165 degrees F, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. (Cover the bird loosely with foil if it browns too quickly, and add the broth to the pan if the vegetables begin to scorch.)
- Carefully tilt the turkey to empty the juices from the cavity into the pan. Transfer the turkey to a carving board. Cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 25 minutes.
Video: Rosemary and thyme roast turkey
The best outdoor gear and clothing companies to know
Atelier Scotch Menswear
How to Cope when Your Pet Needs to Be Euthanized
How to Use an Electric Knife to Cut Foam
How to Make Real Friends
Cornflake Crusted Fish with Chili Tartar Sauce
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Maple-Spice Filling
How to Use a Sauna Safely
How to Choose Paint Colors for Your Basement
Unpopular Opinion: I Hate CatVideos
Burberry Effortless Blendable Kohl (30.00)
Date: 07.12.2018, 12:41 / Views: 34593