No-Bake Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe
Triple Chocolate Mousse Tart
- In food processor, process 36 chocolate wafer cookies, to make 2 cups fine crumbs. Add margarine; process until thoroughly combined. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom; refrigerate while you prepare filling.
- In 1-quart saucepan sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand 5 minutes to soften gelatin. Using wire whisk, beat in egg yolks and sugar to blend well; cook over medium-low heat 8 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until mixture coats back of spoon (do not boil or mixture will curdle).
- Remove saucepan from heat; whisk in chocolate chips to melt; add vanilla. Transfer mixture to metal bowl; freeze 25 to 35 minutes until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon. Stir occasionally, from outside of bowl to center.
- In medium-size bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat cream until soft peaks form; using rubber spatula, fold cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon filling into prepared crust; refrigerate 3 hours until firm.
- To serve: Remove sides of pan from tart. Decorate with Triple Chocolate Leaves as pictured; dust leaves with cocoa powder.
- Triple Chocolate Leaves:Place 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (about 1/2 cup), in small microwave dish. Microwave on high (100% power) 30 to 60 seconds until chocolate loses its shape when stirred; stir until smooth.
- Using pastry brush, brush melted chocolate over undersides of 6 fresh lemon, basil, mint, or other nontoxic leaves; place leaves on wax paper-lined cookie sheet. Repeat process with 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 6 additional leaves, then with 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped (about 1/2 cup), and 6 additional leaves.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate is firm. Carefully peel leaves from chocolate; refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 18 chocolate leaves.
Nutrition InformationEach serving without decoration: 450 calories (61% from fat), 31 g fat (14 g saturated), 105 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate (2 g fiber), 6 g protein.
Nutrition InformationEach leaf: 70 calories (53% from fat), 4.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate (0 g fiber), 1 g protein.
Video: THE ULTIMATE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BATTLE
7 Funny And Cute DIY Halloween Dog Costumes
Spending Too Much Time with the In-Laws
1st Place: Pure Art — A stunning staircase won a prize for this photographer in Honolulu, Hawaii
Single Moms Get Less Sleep Than Any Other Demographic, CDC Says
How to Get Over Someone Quickly
Exercising Lowers Breast Cancer Risk For Postmenopausal Women
17 Tactics to Drastically Improve Communication in Relationships
Leading the Battle to End Female Circumcision
Alfa Romeo Tipo B P3
Putting Papua New Guinea on the map
Staying Together for the Sake of the Kids
How to Make Rainbow Pancakes
Their Pain Is Not Your Pain: 5 Tips for Highly Sensitive People