Useful properties of the plant hilba
Along with the name Khilba, this unique herb has many other names. The plant is called Helba, Shambhala, Greek hay, camel grass, and three cocks, but we are accustomed to it - fenugreek hay. Culture combines two amazing qualities, at the same time being a spice, widely known in cooking, and a medicine with a long history, confirmed by references to useful grass in Egyptian papyrus texts.
Excellent characteristics are given to the plant by scientists, for example, in the opinion of the Englishman Kleber, the properties of hilba are equivalent to the healing qualities of all the other medicinal herbs combined. And indeed, the plant has a wide range of useful functions, external and internal.
This is a one-year-old culture up to half a meter high, in places where Egypt and India, Argentina and some countries in Europe have long been recognized. It has a leafy part similar in form to clover leaves, is covered during the flowering period with yellow flowers, and has a pleasant aroma with notes of walnut.
Hilba is not only a medicine, but also a raw material for the production of wonderful tea, valuable oil, one of the components of a popular blend of hops-suneli condiments. It is actively used in the cuisines of Armenia and India, adding to the national dishes. From the seeds of the plant - beans in elegant narrow pods, prepare an amazing drink tea.
Composition of culture
Healing properties of the plant are known to the ancient healers from the countries of Asia and the East, because they were based on the preparation of folk remedies in Egypt, India, China and other countries. Homemade grass seemed to be a storehouse of useful ingredients that could not remain unnoticed and unclaimed.
The researchers proved that the medicinal qualities of fenugreek are due to the presence of natural components, in the variety represented in the culture. So, what elements are rich in Hilba:
- mineral - phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, iron, sodium, selenium and other;
- vitamins, such as, A, B1, B2, B6, B9, C, D, PP;
- amino acids - only eighteen compounds;
- saturated fatty acids;
- essential oil;
- flavonoids, phytosterols and phytosterols;
- enzymes and polysaccharides;
- steroids and useful alkaloids;
- tannins and antioxidant compounds;
- mucous substances and phytoestrogens.
In general, the plant has almost everything that is necessary for the body, given that one hundred grams of raw materials have twenty-three grams of protein, fifty-eight grams of carbohydrates and six and a half grams of fat, providing a calorie content of three hundred twenty-three kcal per hundred grams of grass.
Use of culture in medicine
The use of fenugreek in the stimulation of labor activity, the treatment of wounds with abscesses and burns has been known for a long time, but the Egyptian craftsmen introduced it into the composition of the means for mummifying the bodies. Hippocrates recommended the plant for the treatment of many diseases, and King Karl the Great Jilba was used as an effective remedy for hair loss.
In addition, she helped in the fight against fever, urinary tract diseases, impotence, muscle pain, lung diseases and gastrointestinal tract, gynecological diseases, which is quite explainable by the content of nutrients in the culture. By the way, its composition is similar to that of fish oil.
Unique hilba has a lot of versatile medical indications due to its universal properties, including soothing and anti-inflammatory, successfully used in the treatment of diseases associated with reproduction, breathing and nerves.
She is capable of restoring a weakened body after suffering oncology and other serious diseases. Another fenugreek has the following useful functions - laxative, expectorant, anti-diabetic, antipyretic.
Scientists have identified hypoglycemic and hypocholesteric activity of the culture, and as a result of lengthy scientific work, it has been proved that hilba is the most important means of lowering cholesterol levels in the blood and normalizing sugar to diabetics.
This is only a small part of what is useful healing plant for humans. It is used independently and in combination with other drugs in the treatment and prevention of:
- gastrointestinal diseases, including indigestion and ulcers, gastritis and dysentery, colic;
- kidney diseases with a bladder, a liver with a spleen, a pancreas;
- respiratory diseases;
- diseases of the oral cavity;
- atherosclerosis and hypertension;
- arthritis, radiculitis, gout, osteochondrosis;
- diabetes (included in dietary nutrition);
- neurasthenia and depression, with a weakening of memory with attention;
- anorexia with lack of appetite;
- weakening of the reproductive system;
- lack of lactation in breastfeeding;
- diseases of the premenstrual and climacteric periods;
- female diseases;
- skin diseases and injuries;
- early aging of the skin and hair loss.
The ability of hilba to normalize lipid metabolism allows us to recommend it for obesity. The seeds of the plant help to quickly fill themselves and accelerate the assimilation of vegetable protein by the body, which is useful for everyone when switching to a diet food with a vegetable diet.
Restrictions on use
Contraindications take place, but they mainly boil down to individual intolerance and compliance with measures when taking funds with a plant in its composition. Among the alleged restrictions are:
- the presence of diabetes in an insulin-dependent form;
- allergic reaction;
- certain types of bowel disease;
- hormonal excess (prolactin, estrogen);
Any atypical manifestations after taking the funds should cause alarm and serve as a signal to visit the doctor.
Uses and Formulations
Hilba is widely used in traditional medicine, so the recipes for the means of various diseases are passed on from generation to generation and are still in demand by the population:
- Cough, even in chronic form and with bronchial asthma, can be cured with decoction. A tablespoon of fenugreek is boiled in a glass of water for ten minutes, then the composition is supplemented with a spoon of honey and dried figs. Insist thirty minutes and drink a third of a glass three times a day. With a dry cough, brew the plant in milk.
- Sore throat is treated with a rinse, for which it is necessary to make a decoction of half a liter of water and three tablespoons of herbs, strain and cool to forty degrees heat.
- To increase the lactation of nursing mothers will help tincture of the three components - honey, water, hilba. Daily rate of two or three glasses.
- With infections of the reproductive system, douching is effective. You should make a strong infusion of herbs, where a glass of liquid accounts for three spoons of culture.
- You can make a clean stomach with intestines and kidneys, using a decoction of honey and hilba.On a glass of liquid - a spoon of grass. All boil, strain and mix with honey.
- In the presence of diabetes on an empty stomach take tincture of three spoons of the plant, infused in water overnight.
Fenugreek has found application in cosmetology. And most of the effective compounds are easy to prepare at home:
- Make a regenerating hair mask that will strengthen the roots and accelerate the growth of hair, remove dandruff. Ingredients - twenty grams of hilba, forty oils of olive or cumin, five grams of black pepper. Five minutes rub the mask into the skin, warm and soak for an hour.
- Try a cleansing facial mask that relieves rashes and dermatitis. Composition - ten grams of grass and the same amount of olive oil. Apply the mask, hold for a quarter of an hour, rinse with warm water.
- You can use a moisturizing mask for dry face skin. All components take in equal proportions - honey, carrot juice, crushed aloe, fenugreek. Mix, apply to the face for a third of an hour.
Hilba, despite the fact that it does not grow in our country, you can buy online or grow yourself in the summer cottage.Some manage to get a harvest of medicinal plants on the balcony. Everything is possible with this unique herb that allows you to stay healthy for many years.
New Year's chocolate sponge cake
Sunbathing Rules for Pregnant Women
Vitamin D Overdose
What properties has carrot oil
How to choose a good stroller for twins
Marble manicure is a great idea for nail design