What are mental maps for?
Sometimes it is necessary to simultaneously keep in memory such amount of information that it is very difficult to remember it and even more so to use. And yet there is a way to make your life easier. Just learn how to make mental maps.
What is it?
What are mental maps? In fact, they represent a special technique for visualizing thinking. In other words, this is a kind of schematic depiction, in which there are basic thoughts and key words.
In contrast to ordinary linear text, a so-called radial notation is used when creating a mental map, in which the main idea is located in the center, and branches with key thoughts expressed in words depart from it.
This way of presenting information is most suitable for effective perception, since all the most important is immediately visible, and the brain immediately fixes it. And the information is supported by visual images, that is, pictures.
How to use?
Examples of using mental maps:
- When studying large amounts of information.The mental map will allow you to structure all the data and present them succinctly and concisely, which will greatly facilitate the perception and use.
- When learning. Maps help not only to assimilate material better (for example, to make plans for lectures and notes), but also to pass exams and even write test papers. You will quickly memorize the information and, importantly, be able to correctly reproduce and use it.
- At work. For example, in the form of a mental map, you can prepare a presentation. It will be understandable for everyone and will allow you to quickly answer all questions that arise.
- Collective problem solving. The mental map is very useful in brainstorming, in which ideas arise at lightning speed, and they need to be recorded briefly and briefly, in order to then examine all the data obtained.
- Decision making. The map allows you to get a clear picture of the problem, examine it in detail and find solutions, and then choose the most rational one.
- Planning. This technique can be used in planning the budget and the allocation of its main articles, in the preparation of plans for a certain period of time, with the effective use of time.
- In business.Using the technique of visualization of thinking, you can develop new ideas for business, come up with advertising, identify and solve problems, think over the strategy of doing business and so on.
How to do?
How to compile a mental map? Everything is very simple:
- Take a piece of paper and write in the center a word that describes the given topic. Enclose it in a circle or oval.
- From the central theme, lead the branches and place on them the keywords related to the main idea.
- Expand the map. From the already prepared branches, keep new ones; write on them the words describing the previous ones.
To create a mental map to use it to the maximum, follow the rules:
- Only the main word is placed in a closed loop, the rest are placed on the branches.
- Only one word should be written on one branch. This may seem complicated, because sometimes the thought is a phrase. But learn to turn a phrase into one capacious, catchy and catchy word, it will facilitate the memorization and application of information.
- Place a sheet of paper horizontally, it will greatly speed up the perception.
- Place the main word in the center and lead the branches from it in different directions, not into one.
- It is best to write keywords in clear, large block letters, so it will be easier to memorize them.
- The length of one branch must be equal to the length of the word located on it. This will avoid confusion.
- It is possible and even necessary to use different colors, it will allow to divide thoughts. But it’s best to make branches of different colors, not words. Letters should be black, so they will immediately be evident and easily perceived.
- Letters can have different sizes and thicknesses (they will depend on the importance of the keyword).
- For the best perception, you can use symbols, pictures, but not too complicated, preferably schematic.
- If the branches are numerous, then you can separate them from each other by dotted outlines, so that the keywords are not mixed.
- The card must be full, but not too crowded.
- Try to distribute the branches evenly so that there are no empty spaces and overloaded areas.
- Place all words hierarchically: first the most important, then the secondary.
- Try to enjoy creating a map, then working with it will be more pleasant and more efficient.
- Let the card be bright and creative, it is also useful for memorization.
- When compiling, try to use all available information, group it and structure it, as well as highlight all the most important.
- You can create to use the program. This will save time, but still the map, made with your own hands, will allow you to better remember the information.
- If the map is too large and complex, then redraw it by removing the secondary data or summarizing it.
- If the amount of information is large, then first write a draft to identify the most important thoughts.
- The size of the sheet should correspond to the volume of the studied information.
How to keep a cat Turkish breeds
Chestnuts can come in handy
Old Skirt Cosmetic Bag
What is crypto
Traveling economically: how to plan a chic tour and not overpay
Sphynx cat breed