What are the properties of flax seeds?
Many are familiar with flax seeds firsthand, and some have already tested their effect on themselves. If you still do not know about the amazing properties of this product, be sure to study them.
The composition and use of flax seeds
Lyon is a plant that is distributed almost throughout the world and has been cultivated since ancient times. They make a cloth of the same name from it, but the seeds are actively used in traditional medicine, as they are very useful. They include the mass of nutrients: omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, lignans, numerous essential amino acids, magnesium, manganese, selenium, potassium, proteins, glycosides, carbohydrates, phytosterols, vitamins E, F, A and group B.
Consider the useful properties of the product, which are due to its wide application:
- Thanks to the fiber contained in them, flax seeds, firstly, stimulate intestinal peristalsis and normalize stool, and secondly, toxins and slags are naturally removed from the digestive tract.In addition, the product envelops the mucous membranes of the stomach and protects them from the irritating and damaging effects of gastric juice.
- The seed can be considered a complete source of protein, which is used by the body for the formation of muscle tissue and the formation of new cells. This is the main building material.
- It is possible to cleanse the entire body, since the product removes not only slags and toxins, but also heavy metal salts, poisons and other harmful and dangerous substances.
- Regular use of flax seeds will reduce the level of “bad” cholesterol in the blood and minimize the risks of developing such an insidious disease as atherosclerosis.
- The substances contained in the product are necessary for the smooth functioning of the cardiovascular system: they strengthen the heart muscle and normalize its contractile activity, reduce the fragility of the vessels and their permeability and increase the tone. Thus, it is possible to achieve effective prevention of heart attacks, heart failure, ischemia, strokes and other serious diseases.
- Flax seeds are recommended for women, as they contain phytoestrogens - natural hormone-like substances that normalize hormones.Regularly using the product, it is possible to reduce the risks of developing cancer of the female reproductive system and the breast, stabilize the menstrual cycle and increase the chances of successful conception.
- Vitamin E is a real hormone of youth, which is especially useful for the skin, as it intensively moisturizes it and helps retain moisture, increasing elasticity, and also giving freshness and a healthy natural tone.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are synthesized by the body, but their production may decrease. Flax seeds will help to fill the deficit of these essential substances and thereby improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system, restore the structure of articular tissues and strengthen the immune system, strengthening the natural protective barrier of the body. Also, omega-3 is beneficial for the brain, because they increase its activity, improve memory and concentration of attention and increase the amount of gray matter.
- The product, provided it is regularly consumed, helps to keep blood sugar levels under control and to prevent sudden surges. For this reason, it will be useful for diabetes.
- The benefit is due to the presence of magnesium in the composition, which reduces muscle tension, promotes their full nutrition and prevents the occurrence of seizures and spasms.
- Flaxseed is also beneficial for the body because it has strong antioxidant properties that can neutralize free radical activity that is dangerous for the human body. Regular consumption will slow down the aging of tissues and stop the processes of their oxidation, as well as reduce the risks of cell mutation and the development of cancer.
- The product has an anti-inflammatory effect, due to which it can be used in various diseases of the inflammatory nature of the gastrointestinal tract, pharynx, respiratory system, oral cavity, joints, and so on.
- Flax seeds are useful for losing weight for several reasons. The first is the control of appetite: cellulose, getting into the stomach, swells, fills it and creates a feeling of satiety for several hours. The second is the acceleration of metabolism. With normal metabolism, energy is consumed faster and does not go to the "stock", and fat cells are burned more actively.
- The product is useful when parasitic invasions, as it promotes the removal of worms and their metabolic products from the digestive organs.
- Flaxseed helps to thin the thick sputum and exerts an expectorant effect.
- There is a pronounced choleretic effect.
Indications and contraindications
What does flaxseed treat? This product can be used for a wide variety of diseases and disorders, such as gastritis, dyspeptic disorders, ulcers, chronic constipation, helminthiasis, diabetes, heart failure, cystitis, atherosclerosis, tonsillitis, periodontitis, bronchitis, tracheitis, hepatitis, pyelonephritis, cirrhosis, hormonal frustration.
There are also contraindications, which include intestinal obstruction and atony, acute diarrhea, cholecystitis (refers to the use of seeds in its pure form), the presence of stones in the urinary or gall bladder, some hormonal diseases, as well as individual hypersensitivity to the product. Before use, consultation with a specialist is desirable.
It is important to know: harm can be caused in case of exceeding the permissible rate of use. The optimal daily amount of flax seeds is about 20-25 grams per day, that is, five teaspoons or two and a half tablespoons.But some nutritionists and doctors argue that the norm for adults can reach 40-50 g, especially in the treatment of diseases. For the prevention will be enough 25 grams.
What flax seeds to use?
How to choose really useful flax seeds? When choosing, you need to pay attention to several important points:
- Ground seed or whole? It is better to choose whole, because the shell protects the nutrients. The ground product oxidizes faster when exposed to light. If you chose whole seeds, the shell should be shiny, smooth and dark.
- Packaging. It must be intact, preferably sealed and darkened.
- Date of production and shelf life. The fresh the seeds, the better. The shelf life of such a product is about a year.
- Open the seeds and evaluate them by touch. They must be absolutely dry and smooth. The presence of stickiness signals a violation of the norms of storage or collection.
- Fresh seed has practically no smell, but if it has been stored for a long time and incorrectly, it can smell like staleness or mustiness.
Important: flax seeds should be stored in a closed container in a cool and dark place.
How to take flax seeds to get the maximum benefit and achieve the desired effect? Consider proven recipes:
- A tablespoon of flaxseed should be poured with a glass of boiling water. Capacity tightly close and leave the mixture to infuse for an hour. Next, strain the liquid. Drink it should be one glass in the morning on an empty stomach at least half an hour before breakfast. This tool will help with gastritis and improve digestion, relieving constipation.
- For the intestine will be useful flax jelly. A tablespoon with a slide of seeds (milled or whole) pour two cups of boiling water and simmer in a water bath for two hours at a low heat hour. Strain the jelly and drink a glass twice a day: in the morning before breakfast and in the evening before going to bed.
- To strengthen immunity, you can use the following remedy: two teaspoons of the seed is mixed in a coffee grinder or blender, combine with a teaspoon of natural honey and take until breakfast. This remedy should be consumed daily during cold and infection seasons.
- You can make a product with bronchitis, asthma and other respiratory diseases. You need two teaspoons of raw materials and a half cups of hot or boiled water.Put the capacity on a slow fire and cook the mixture for about twenty minutes, then insist half an hour under the lid and strain. Accepted this tool for a third cup three times or four times a day.
- To lose weight, for breakfast, you can use the seeds with kefir. It is better to pour them with fermented milk product and leave for the night. And in the morning drink the whole portion.
- Infusion of flaxseed can be used externally with dermatological diseases, boils, purulent wounds. For cooking, pour three tablespoons of a glass of boiling water, and after an hour of infusion, strain the liquid and use it for rubbing or compressing.
Good to know: flax seeds can be used in cooking. They will make healthy porridge, you can also cook jelly with the addition of berries or fruits. Flax seeds can be added to salads, hot dishes and side dishes, they can be an excellent addition to baking (flax flour is used as a base instead of wheat flour). Flaxseed is also included in cocktails or desserts.
Use flax seeds correctly and with health benefits!
What is a duplex
Ral aerosol paints excel local products
Asterisk ointment can be even more effective if you know about these things
How to hide the gas pipe in the kitchen in 2018
How to connect a TV to Rostelecom
Knitted cover with decoration on the tablet