What is a melamine sponge?
The modern housewives have access to all kinds of various tools and devices that make life easier and help them perform their daily duties. For example, not so long ago melamine sponges began to appear on the market, and they had already won the hearts of many women. And are they as useful and safe as many believe? Let's find out!
What does such a sponge consist of?
Melamine, which is the main component of the sponge, is a chemical compound used for the synthesis of resins (of which plastics are later manufactured). These are crystals that are practically insoluble in water and have no color. For the production of melamine used in industry, commonly used methods of synthesis are the isolation from dicyandiamide, as well as the pyrolysis of urea.
What is a melamine sponge? It is a device used to maintain cleanliness, and on a wide variety of surfaces. It has excellent abrasive properties, due to which it removes any dirt, including complex ones.
Here are some of its applications:
- Remove ink marks on all surfaces, such as walls, floors, or furniture.
- Elimination of bands on linoleum, left by shoes.
- Removing lime scale and rust from the plumbing: faucets, toilet, bath, sink.
- Cleaning of upholstered furniture and automobile salon.
- Remove soot or grease in the oven, hood or microwave.
- Removal of the difficult pollution which remained on kitchen utensils or ware.
- Cleansing from the stains of mirror or glass surfaces.
- Cleaning leather and textiles, such as bags, clothing (including the top), shoes.
- Removal of residues of any colorants on different surfaces.
- Cleaning of household appliances, for example, iron, refrigerator, food processor and others.
In general, the melamine sponge is a good household and a great helper!
Can a melamine sponge cause harm? In the course of the research it was found that the particles of such a substance do not irritate the mucous membranes when they hit them. This compound is completely non-toxic, it can be compared with common salt. In addition, for most people, it does not cause allergic reactions after contact with the skin.
In addition, melamine does not penetrate into human tissues, that is, it is not absorbed by the body, but is completely eliminated naturally with urine. But still there is a threat. In the process of excretion, the smallest particles of this substance can settle in the kidneys and gradually form stones.
How to use?
How to use melamine sponge?
- First wet the sponge with plain water.
- Press the device, gently squeezing it. But do not twist it, it can break the structure.
- Next, proceed to cleaning the contaminated surface: rub it with a sponge with active movements until the stain disappears.
- When using such a sponge, a rather abundant melamine foam is formed, which must be removed from the surface after the purification procedure is completed. To do this, you can use a piece of well-absorbing clean and dry cloth.
- Wash sponge, wring out and clean.
Important: additional use of detergents and cleaning agents is not required, the sponge will cope with the contaminants and without them. Moreover, the use of such compounds is undesirable, since some may react with melamine, and this can lead to unexpected consequences.
To not only achieve perfect cleanliness, but also to protect yourself and your family, follow simple precautions:
- Do not use a melamine sponge to remove contaminants from food.
- Do not give a sponge to children and keep it in a place inaccessible to them.
- It is also better to keep a sponge away from pets, they can take it for a toy and accidentally swallow it.
- If you used such a device for cleaning dishes, then by all means wash your items thoroughly and thoroughly in hot running water (you can additionally use detergent).
To make the sponge last longer, use it sparingly and intelligently. So, use only one side, then it will rub off, and the size of the fixture will decrease. Otherwise, the whole sponge will quickly crumble.
Some useful recommendations:
- If you want to remove a small spot, then either treat it with the edge of a sponge, or cut a piece of the desired size from it.
- Over time, the structure of the sponge changes and is disturbed due to constant friction, as a result of which the device loses its cleaning properties and collapses.And so this "assistant" can not be used for a long time. If you notice that the sponge does not look the way it used to (for example, it was deformed) then throw it away.
- To minimize harm and prolong the life of the melamine sponge, use it only to remove complex and persistent dirt.
- On some surfaces, the melamine sponge leaves traces. For example, small scratches can remain on the plastic or glass. In order not to spoil the object or the coating, perform a test: try the device on a small area. If its structure does not change, proceed to a thorough cleaning.
Let the melamine sponge become an assistant in the household and make life easier!
How to wash the form
8 things that you can give a second life in the country
High-quality and inexpensive kitchen furniture
How to remove wallpaper from walls
Spacious Apartment in Beijing
How to choose an apple. Advice
All the symptoms of fungus on the legs and nails
How to become a mermaid in real life - all the ways