What is compost tea for?
Gardeners and truck farmers know how important it is to feed plants. And for feeding you can use not only ready-made chemical fertilizers, but also prepared with your own hands. For example, at home, you can make a useful compost tea.
What is it?
What is compost tea? This is a natural remedy that is used by modern gardeners and gardeners to improve the fertility and nutritional value of the soil, to improve its composition and qualities. In fact, this is a water infusion based on compost, which has already gained immense popularity in Western countries, but is gradually beginning to spread throughout Europe.
Compost tea is used as a gentle organic fertilizer, and it contains huge amounts of beneficial microorganisms for the earth and plants, which normalize the flora of the soil and saturate it with nutrients. This is an excellent alternative to chemical fertilizers and an effective way to increase yields.
How to make compost tea useful for soil and plants? There are several ways of cooking, but they all suggest using compost as a base. And the composition and properties of the finished product will depend on the quality of this component. Therefore, use only mature compost, but not old. It should have a crumbly light structure consisting of small particles. The smell should resemble the forest land. Below are several ways to make compost tea.
Tip: if you do not have compost, do it yourself. To do this, you can put remnants of fruits and vegetables in the well prepared in advance, as well as fresh green plants. The mass should be mixed regularly. In summer, when temperatures are high, the composting process may take several weeks.
Method number 1
You can make aerated tea. Here's what you'll need:
- a three-liter container, for example, a glass jar;
- about 70 grams of mature compost;
- two liters of water (not only water, you can use well, well, thawed or rain);
- 10 g of fructose, jam, syrup, sugar or kvass wort;
- compressor, for example, aquarium.
- In the tank, pour water and dissolve in it other components: compost and sugar.
- Immerse the compressor nozzle in the mix and turn on the device.
- Usually tea is prepared in about a day. You can assess the readiness by smell: the product should smell like fresh ground. There should be fluffy foam on the surface. The higher the temperature, the faster the process will proceed.
- Use tea for four hours, as it cannot be stored and quickly loses its properties.
Method number 2
To make compost tea without aeration, you will need:
- 17-18 liters of water;
- twenty-liter bucket;
- one third of the compost bucket;
- stick for stirring;
- unnecessary filtering fabric.
- Fill the bucket with compost.
- Pour water, but it should not go to the edges, because during the preparation of a thick foam.
- Leave this mixture for a week, but mix it daily with a wooden stick to saturate with oxygen.
- After a specified time (if the tea is fully prepared), filter the liquid and use immediately.
Method number 3
Prepare a large container, water, compost, gauze or other material, thread and needle.
- Fill the water tank, but better thaw or well.
- Put the compost in a cloth or gauze and sew the bag. The amount of the component should be about ten times less than the liquid.
- Immerse the bag in a bucket filled with water and leave for a few days. Periodically stir the liquid and move the compost, squeeze it.
- When the solution darkens, fades and acquires a characteristic earth odor, it is ready for use.
The benefits of compost tea are as follows:
- Increase the growth rate of plants and improve their condition. The nutrients in tea are perfectly absorbed by the roots and ground parts and make the leaves more green and juicy, and the flowers are large. Also increases the yield of fruit crops.
- Improving soil structure. The activity of microorganisms makes the soil looser and lighter, provides drainage, oxygenation and timely evaporation of moisture.
- Protection of soil and plants from pests and pathogens. Beneficial bacteria in compost tea normalize the microflora of the soil and help strengthen the natural protective barrier.
- Reducing the toxicity of pesticides and other chemical fertilizers. This is ensured by the activity of the beneficial microflora of compost tea.
- Cleaning the soil from toxins and toxic substances. Its composition is changing for the better.
- Increased resistance of plants to pests, fungal diseases, temperature changes and other adverse effects.
How to use?
The use of compost tea can be carried out in several ways:
- Place the seeds collected in the bag before they are planted in the compost tea, and it is best to form foam. This will help increase germination and destroy pathogens.
- Pour tea into the soil before planting seeds to improve its qualities.
- Use compost tea as a natural foliar top dressing: spray it on the ground parts of the plants with a spray bottle. But the tool should be diluted with nine to ten parts of water.
- Water the soil with compost tea every two or three weeks instead of applying other organic fertilizers.
If you are still using chemical fertilizers for plant nutrition, then discover compost tea and switch to such a useful and natural remedy!
Why do people go to Tibet
Do you buy things bu
Pancake with salmon
How to distinguish a fake ruble
Scorpio man How to behave