What interesting things can be made from plums?
Plums are tasty and healthy. But eating them fresh bothers many. What to do if a lot of fruits ripen in the country? We offer to find out what dishes can be prepared from plums.
How to choose a plum? How to store them?
Any dish will not turn out delicious if you use poor-quality products for its preparation. So pay special attention to the choice of plums. Here are some important points:
- Inspect the fruit. Their color should be uniform. On some plums there is a whitish plume, this is quite normal and should not alarm you.
- On the surface of the peel there should be no damage, stains and inclusions. Holes can say that a worm lives inside. This, of course, is unpleasant, but at the same time it is a guarantee that the fruits have not been sprinkled with chemicals and are completely natural.
- Feel the plum. Ripe fruit is soft to the touch. A slightly unripe plum will have a rather firm flesh. But there are varieties with a rather firm pulp, which remains so even after full ripening.
- You should not pay special attention to the sizes, since they depend on the variety. Not always large fruits are sweet, and small - sour.
- Smell the fruit. You should feel a light sweet fruit aroma. If the smell is sour, it means that the plum has long melted.
- If possible, open the fruit and inspect the flesh. It should be fibrous and quite elastic, and also have a uniform shade. Spots or too soft or hard areas indicate poor quality.
It is better to store the plum in the refrigerator, where it can lie for 4-6 days. At room temperature, the fruit will be stored no longer than two days. By the way, if the plum is unripe, then it will mature in a couple of days on the windowsill.
What to cook?
What can be cooked from plums? Usually such product is used for preparation of various desserts and baking, but some make of delicious sauces. We offer you proven and simple recipes.
The recipe is the first
Make a delicious jam. To make it you need:
- 1 kilogram of plums;
- 1 kilogram of sugar (if the plums are not very sweet, then the amount can be increased to 1.2-1.4 kilograms).
- To start plums need to prepare.Wash them thoroughly, divide into halves and remove the bones.
- Move the fruit into a container (preferably once in a metal cup or in a pan, which can then be moved to a fire) and add sugar to it. Leave the plum to infuse and exude the juice for two to three hours.
- If the plums gave the juice, put the container on the fire (if there is no juice yet, wait a little more). Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and boil the mass for 3-5 minutes.
- Cool the jam and boil it two or three more times.
- Mix the jars in the jars and roll them.
From the plums, you can make a savory and delicious tkemali sauce. Here's what you need:
- 1 kilogram of plums;
- 2 bunches of dill;
- 2-3 bundles of cilantro;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- ¼ spoons of hot red pepper;
- ¼ glasses of water;
- sugar and salt to taste.
How to cook? It's simple:
- Put the plums with the peel and the bones in a pan or in a metal cup and cover with water. Put the container on the fire, bring the composition to a boil, and then cook for about 5-10 minutes on low heat. Make sure that the fruit does not fall apart. But at the same time the skin should begin to separate.
- Throw the plums into a colander, cool slightly, remove bones and peel. Mince the pulp or grind in a blender.
- Garlic chop with garlic press.
- Chop the greens.
- Add to the resulting plum puree sugar and salt to taste (approximately one teaspoon), put the container on the fire and bring the composition to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add greens, garlic and pepper. After 2-3 minutes, turn off the fire.
Make a tasty mound pie with plums. Ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour;
- 1 cup of sugar;
- 200 grams of margarine or butter;
- 2 teaspoons baking powder for dough (can be replaced with soda);
- 400 grams of ripe plums;
- 2 egg whites;
- 50-60 grams of powdered sugar;
- 2 bags of vanillin.
- To begin with it is necessary to be engaged in preparation of the test, more truly crumbs. In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking powder. Oil should be grated (it must be cold and fairly hard, otherwise you will not succeed). Hands rub the butter with dry ingredients to get pretty fine crumbs. The dough is ready.
- Go to the stuffing. Divide the plums into halves and, after removing the bones, cut them into pieces.
- Beat the egg whites with vanilla and powdered sugar until a fairly strong foam is obtained.
- Now take the baking mold and cover the bottom with oil-soaked parchment (this will protect against burning). Pour in half the crumbs.
- Spread plum. Top gently grease it with protein foam.
- Gently pour the remaining crumb on the filling.
- Send the form to the oven, heated to 170-180 degrees, for 30-40 minutes.
Make sweet and sweet pies with plums. You will need:
- 1 cup of kefir;
- ½ cup of vegetable oil;
- 3 cups flour;
- 2 teaspoons (without top) dry yeast;
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 bag of vanilla;
- ½ tsp salt;
- 300 grams of plums;
- 1 egg;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar or powdered sugar.
- Mix in a bowl kefir, butter, sugar and vanilla. Heat the mixture slightly.
- Flour should be sifted and mixed with dry yeast.
- Now pour the flour with yeast into the warm kefir mixture. Knead the dough. It will turn out sticky, but after lifting the stickiness will go away. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 30-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling. To do this, mix sliced plums (without stones, of course) with sugar.
- Separate about 1-2 tablespoons of dough.Form a cake, place the filling in the center (approximately a tablespoon), fix the ends.
- Cover the bottom of the baking sheet with parchment soaked in oil. Put the patties on it, brush them with a beaten egg.
- Bake the pan in the oven and bake the patties at 170 degrees until golden brown appears.
The fifth recipe
Make a delicious pastille. You will need:
- 1 kilogram of plum;
- 1 glass of water;
- ½ lemon;
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil;
- 300 grams of sugar.
- Cut the plums into pieces, after removing the stones.
- Move the fruit to the pan, add lemon juice and bring the mass to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until it is quite thick (about half an hour).
- Transfer the mass to a blender, add sugar and grind everything until smooth.
- Cover the bottom of the baking sheet with parchment soaked in olive oil.
- Pour the plum puree onto the parchment, spreading it over the entire bottom surface. The thickness of the layer should not exceed 1 cm.
- Dry the paste. This can be done in the oven at 80-100 degrees (it will take about 5 hours) or in the sun (it will take a couple of days), protecting the marshmallow from flies.
How to rub baby and than
Healthy, tasty and juicy beef, baked in the oven
New Year Card
Dry-cured meat at home
Felt Clover Leaf with Pearls and Buttons
When watermelons ripen in Russia
Openwork pattern knitting Raindrops: get incredibly beautiful things