What is useful exotic passion fruit?
Now in any supermarket on the shelves you can see a large selection of exotic fruits. How to clean and eat pineapple or kiwi know everything, but, for example, not many people know how to use and choose a passion fruit.
First you need to understand what this strange fruit looks like. The fruit resembles a large plum of a round or oval yellow, green or purple color. It grows on a vine and grows in length from 7 to 12 cm. The pulp of the fruit has a sweet-sour taste and is very juicy, and inside, in the shell, there is a large number of large black seeds. An immature passion fruit has a smooth shiny surface, but a ripe fruit has a dull and shriveled skin. Many people often make mistakes in choosing, take an unripe, but such a beautiful fruit, considering that the cracked surface speaks of a spoiled product.
Fruits of passion
We are obliged by the appearance of this fruit of Brazil. Now, passion fruit plantations are mainly located in Hawaii, New Zealand, and South and Central America.In England and France, it is called "the fruit of passion," but the name has nothing to do with amorous deeds. We are talking about the passions of Christ, because the flowers of passiflora (the passion fruit belongs to the same kind) resemble a crown of thorns in their appearance.
At home, this fruit grows in tropical forests on high lianas, reaching a length of 10-12 m. The flowers of the plant are extraordinarily beautiful, white and green in color, and inside there are blue, thin-like threads in the circle. Inflorescences in diameter grow up to 9 cm, in their place are formed fruits - edible berries, ripening for 80 days.
Rich in vitamins and minerals
Passionflower is a low-calorie product (per 100 grams only 68 kcal) and is used in dietary nutrition. But the benefits of tropical delicacy does not end there. In the passion fruit is a lot of nutrients.
Most of the fruits contain vitamin A, ascorbic acid and iron. In smaller quantities it contains vitamins of group B and tocopherol, and also contains minerals such as: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, fluorine, copper, calcium, etc. In addition, exotic berries are rich in fiber and are a source of carbohydrates.
In seeds, besides important microelements and vitamins, there are also fatty acids and omega-6.
Improving the condition of the body
Due to the presence of nutrients, the passion fruit has many healing properties. The constant use of this exotic fruit will help in the treatment of many diseases:
- Passionflower is a good laxative and improves the bowels.
- Due to the high content of vitamin C, passion fruit is useful for colds, it can be used as an antipyretic and antiviral agent.
- This fruit has high immunostimulating and antioxidant properties.
- Due to the high content of vitamin A passion fruit will be useful to people who have problems with the organs of sight.
- It is recommended to use this fruit with low pressure and to improve the work of the heart.
- Also helps with diseases of the urinary tract and liver.
- Juice from passionflower acts as a sedative and improves sleep.
Properly cut and use
Those who buy the “fruit of passion” for the first time are immediately asked by a simple question: “How is it?”. In order to enjoy plenty of exotic flavor and keep all the juice of the fruit, it is necessary to properly passiflora.The passion fruit has a thick peel, so the blade of the knife should be driven deeper (about 0.5 cm) and carefully cut in a circle.
Then sharply separate the two halves so that they do not have time to drain the juice, which is a lot in ripe fruit (up to 40%). The inner part is best eaten with a teaspoon or dessert spoon. Passion and seeds, which are pleasantly clicked when chewed, are edible in passiflora. The peel is inedible and eaten after eating.
If you bought an unripe fruit, then leave it to ripen at room temperature. The fruit can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 7 days.
And one more important point - before use, do not forget to thoroughly wash this tropical delicacy in order to wash off the wax and other harmful substances with which all exotic fruits are processed for better transportation.
Add to different dishes and cocktails
- The most common passion fruit pulp used in the preparation of desserts. Cakes, pies, cookies or rolls acquire a unique exotic taste, if they add the flesh of the “passion fruit”. And sunflower seeds serve as decoration of delicacies.
- Fans of cottage cheese dishes should try the casserole with passion fruit.She comes out extremely tender and very appetizing.
- From passionflower, wonderful sauces are obtained, a pleasant acidity of which will give a piquant taste to any dish.
- You can also diversify the recipe of fruit salad and add a little passionflower to it. But it is necessary to separate the pulp in advance, put it on a strainer, so that the juice escapes and then, at the very end, before dressing with sauce, put this product in a ready dish.
- Unusually tasty it turns out smoothie with passion fruit and mango.
- A freshly prepared juice from this exotic fruit, oranges and apples with pleasure drink kids.
- Passion fruit and mint lemonade will be a salvation on hot summer days.
- Passiflora juice is an excellent ingredient to create a variety of cocktails. Perfectly combines syrup from it with white rum, which is added with ground kiwi, orange and pineapple juice. Gourmets will appreciate this unusual drink.
Who can not?
In general, the use of passion fruit has no specific contraindications. However, with caution it should be taken in food:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- allergy sufferers;
- young children up to 3 years old who should not eat anything exotic, because the digestive system does not cope with unusual food, and an allergic reaction is possible;
- people suffering from diabetes.
It is enough to try the “fruit of passion” once to love this unusual taste. And if you cook some dish with passion fruit, then you will definitely become a fan of this outlandish delicacy.
Booktop coffee table
Top 10 bright images with cool watches
How to keep a cat Turkish breeds
Plumbing Supplies: Important Trivia for Large Repair
What to buy in the spring, not to be like everyone else
What are mental maps for?